✘𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒✘

-HUMANITY-

THREE YEARS HAD PASSED, two more to go

The sight of death was never something you feared. You've had your fair share of failed experiments or dead-on arrival patients, so at this point, a corpse to you was simply a limp, useless carcass— something that you didn't need to waste chakra on.

And it was mostly becuase some of the Kara members saw you as a miracle worker rather than a mere child, happily bringing in patients they wished for you to perform on regardless of how brutal or silly the request was. Most of the time they'd have the usual, unstable body conditions, but sometimes they'd bring disfigured bodies. People with arms torn off, legs decapitated, or even chins blown off— you wondered how that one even happened— but either way, the woman who laid lifeless on the operating bed didn't scare you.

Though, the thought of actually dissecting her did, very much actually.

"I believe it's time I taught you how to properly perform on a human body" Amado, who was slipping on some medical gloves, spoke. He stood by your side, handing you your own pair of safety equipment "Now that you've reached an appropriate age, it's safe to assume you're ready to help with more complicated experiments"

"Complicated...?" Did you hear that correctly? Complicated!? Is the work you do now not complicated enough? You watched with curious eyes as Amado selected one of the many tools on his operating rack. From scalpels to pulling clips, everything needed for a successful demonstration was supplied.

"Yes, you didn't think that you'd only heal people all day— did you?" Amado talked to you as if your life was so simple. No, you did not expect to do more 'complicated' operations, and that was because you already thought the operations you performed were complicated! Chakra balance is such a difficult skill to learn and he's basically spitting on your efforts!

You wanted to voice your concern but were distracted by Amado drawing out a thin scalpel. It glimmered in the dull light, and gently drew closer to the woman's exposed stomach. The tip looked sharp enough to cut through wood if used properly, and that alone made you swallow a pit of fear. You were uncomfortable— not with the sight of blood of course, but the idea that this would be a common occurrence. Was this you graduating from assistant to surgeon!?

"What I want you to pay attention to is the nerves and blood vessels you have to cut. Removing organs is a very complicated procedure" Amado took a final puff of his cigar that hung from his teeth and set it aside on the rack. You recoiled in disgust at the smell, but truly felt sick at what he said. You blurted out "Removing organs!? W-why do I have to learn that!? Cant I just heal people?"

You didn't want this, you didn't want to do this, you didn't want to see this. As much as you hated healing patients all day, you'd take it over performing surgery on people. That was the one thing you prided yourself on— that you weren't a sick monster who experimented on humans like them. But now they wanted you to swoop down to their level, have you become another Amado. And you hated Amado.