𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

¯'•.,¸¸,.•'⚫️☀️ ║▌║█🌚🥷˜ˆ"°¹~•-.„¸
█████████
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊
𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊;
ᵀʰᵉ ᵇᵉᵍⁱⁿⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉⁿᵈ
█████████
¯'•.,¸¸,.•'⚫️☀️ ║▌║█🌚🥷˜ˆ"°¹~•-.„¸
█████████

„¸█████████

█████████

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥. Meadows grandmother knew that this day would come. She had been feeling weaker this entire month and this week it only got worse. Today, she couldn't get out of bed anymore, it was time to set her granddaughter free.

Meadow was just putting small braids in her hair, like she always did, when she heard a faint groan come from her grandmother's room. And so she finished her braid and made her way to her grandmother.

The older woman smiled at the sight of her beautiful granddaughter. Meadow was definitely not ugly. With her deep brown eyes, sharp jawline and sweet smile a lot of people thought she was pretty. That was when she was not covered in bruises of course.

Training made Meadow exhausted very quickly. Her grandmother definitely knew how to fight. But that time was over now. The older woman's body had given up on her completely. But she accepted that, it was inevitable.

Meadow came closer to bed her grandmother was resting on, crouching down to get on the same height.

The elderly slowly trailed her hand through Meadows hair, smiling at the cute signature braids. She taught Meadow how to do it, and now Meadow could do it herself.

Meadow smiled at how peaceful her grandmother looked. "Is everything okay gran?"

The elderly slowly nodded her head. "Have you packed your bags?"

Meadow looked confused with the sentence. Why would she have to pack her bags? "What do you mean?"

Her grandmother smiled very slightly. She didn't want to do this, but she also didn't want her granddaughter to watch her death. "It's time darling. My time has come. And it's time for you to fly."

Meadow laughed, thinking it was a joke but when she saw the serious face of her grandmother she knew it was very much real. "Y—you want me to leave?" She already felt emotional. She didn't expect this to happen.

Meadows grandmother slowly reached up to her cheek, wiping off the lone tear that was running down the younger girls cheek. "It is for the best. You have to go."

Meadow didn't know what was coming to her. It had always been her and her grandmother against the world. And now she wanted her gone.

Meadow had never been good at changes. For her, it was better for things to stay the way they were. It made her more calm and peaceful.

"But why? I can stay here and take care of you." Meadow said trying to reason with her grandmother but she knew it was useless. Her grandmother wasn't one to change her mind.

The elderly slowly shook her head. "I don't want you to see me die, someone will come here and take care of me when you're gone."

Meadows cheeks were now completely covered in tears. She obviously didn't want to leave. It made her feel guilty, leaving your loved one to die on her own.

And her grandmother knew she was going to feel that way. "Don't feel guilty darling, it's what I want. This isn't your decision to make." The older woman smiled slightly. "You can get through this, just know that you're special."

Meadow had no idea what that was supposed to mean but she didn't complain anymore. She definitely didn't want to do it, but she knew that she had to. Her grandmother was ill, she was going to pass away. And she didn't want her granddaughter there.

And so Meadow said her goodbyes, and then she packed her belongings. She packed everything she needed into bags, her clothes, her teddy bear, and most importantly her hair ties for her braids, that was something she could never go without.

When Meadow finished her packing, she didn't go back to say one final goodbye. She knew it would be too hard for her.

With the tears streaming down her face she walked to the city Ketterdam. She knew the city was dangerous, but she also knew how to pull someone into a headlock. She was going to be just fine, right?

¯'•.,¸¸,.•'⚫️☀️ ║▌║█🌚🥷˜ˆ"°¹~•-.„¸
█████████
This was all about the introduction of Meadow
and to give her some backstory.
In the upcoming few chapters is where everything will begin.

And also, thank you to everyone for all the love already on this story, it means a lot<33
█████████
¯'•.,¸¸,.•'⚫️☀️ ║▌║█🌚🥷˜ˆ"°¹~•-.„¸