If anything happens, I love you...

[Trigger warning: fire, overthinking, emotions, bad vibes, mentioning of religion, weapons, blood, veins]

Days went by, a weird feeling not leaving my chest. I looked up from the old book I was holding in my bandaged hands. Pages yellow and curled, the letters slowly fading away. The fire was crackling, golden flames reaching for the black sky above me. It was a clear night, stars shining, the moon drowning everything in pale silver light. 

In nights like this, I miss the company of the courier even more, the deep and meaningful conversations we had, questioning the world and it's mysteries, her listening to my scripts, her chuckle and mostly her company. A sigh left my heavy chest as I leaned back, watching the sky.

"I wonder where she is... hopefully safe." words crawling over my lips as if someone made me spoke. My eyes wandered down to the bracelet the courier gave me before she left. It was made of leather, a little purple spot on it. The bracelet was decorated with engraved flowers, symbols and a quote that said:

"If anything happens I love you... with all my heart"

A smile came across my face as I remembered how she read it before we headed out for a mission. I don't know the real meaning behind nor why she gave it to me but what i know is that it meant a lot to her.

-

The night passed by quietly, the fire slowly getting out as the cold wind stroke it's flames gently. Moon and stars were watching over the Mojave desert. 

Before the sun was rising, I was already awake. The colors showed the true beauty of mother nature and the lords work. Different shades of orange, red, purple, pink and blue were gentle mixing up as if someone was up there to paint the sky for us. Just for us. 

I found myself back behind the old, rusty desk that stood on small platform made of rocks. Books and lots of papers took most of the space. Weapons that I was fixing and cleaning wasted the rest of it and made it complicated to work there. A quiet sigh left me again, was I so restless that I didn't even notice my own mess? That is not much like me. Suddenly a bad feeling overcame me, negativity running through my mind like blood through my veins. Something told me that something bad had happened and I wish I never searched for an answer.

"But eventually ... I have thought back to that day so many times..."