33 || 𝗻𝗮𝗵 𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗵 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗿𝗻

06/27/21 | 6k words
I had written this chapter TWICE as long with a POV
switch in the middle, but inevitably decided it was better
to split it in half. This reasoning was:

A) I thought it'd make more sense because POV
switches are the bane of my very existence

And

B) i wanted the finished product to be 35
chapters, it's even, ok. 👿

Ignore the mistakes here I wrote this shii
in class 🥲

-wilbur-

The car ride was eerily silent. I had nothing to say, anyway, and I'm sure if the other men in the car had something to say it would've been a rant about a minor inconvenience unrelated to ' the big day. '

It just feels unprofessional. Well, no, not UNPROFESSIONAL.. Unprofessional would be like talking out of turn at an important meeting, or, like, calling someone a slur while working over the counter, not sitting in a silent car while Britney Spears plays on the fuzzy-sounding radio and it probably being the last time you'll ever see your brother.

It's so weird, it's weird because I was genuinely terrified for this day to arrive. I thought dad was gonna disown me, or atleast I'd kill myself before he got the chance. I thought I was dependent on Dave, and in a sense I kinda was. He was basically my crutch for,, well, everything, Because he wanted to be - at some point atleast. I was mentally ill and sad and he was the only person who acknowledged it, but after a bit he might've realized that maybe it's best not to pay attention to mentally ill people, or atleast just me, because I'm annoying. (It's probably very good to pay attention to mentally ill people.)

I don't know, I guess I just assumed it would be more climactic.

And now we're sitting in the practically-empty parking lot, waiting for our old senile father to be done in the store. Or maybe for the store to be done with HIM, that man will walk into a Freshco just wanting burger buns and walk out with a months supply of groceries because 'they were on sale.'

It's so embarrassingly awkward. Daves sitting beside me (because he insisted on sitting in the back) probably texting Zak or something, basically ignoring me. Not that I'd have anything to say, honestly its more like I'm the one avoiding interaction, so I can't complain.

He looks so,, mature. Not in a weird way, but he (probably) looks alot different from what he did from the start of the year. Theres something him, I just don't know what. For starters, his hairs duller. It's not like he hasn't dyed it in awhile, (he dyed it again last night because his roots were showing and then people would realize he's secretly a d*rty bl*nde) the shade is just more,, pastel.

Not only that, but his hairs longer now. It would be down to his shoulders if it weren't tied up loosely in a ponytail. It shouldn't bother me as much as it does. He just doesn't look the same.

He must've noticed me staring because he glances up from his phone and smiles gently.

He must've felt compelled to start a conversation because he's talking LMAO "It's kinda funny dad spontaneously decided to shop right now, it's, like, six.. Is anything even open?" He mused, turning his gaze to muse out the window at the store.

"I'm surprised he took us out right now at all. Like, who the fucks gonna let you in now? Everyones probably asleep." I exaggerate.