J. Potter, R. Lupin

𝚃𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝

𝚃𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝

y/n P.O.V.:

Sitting at the table with some of the order members, The Weasley's, Hermione and Harry, you ate dinner.

"y/n?" Harry spoke up, causing you to look up at him, "You were with The Marauders at Hogwarts, can you tell us some stories? About my mum and dad?"

You closed your eyes for a second and swallowed.

"I'm sorry, you don't have to!" Harry rushed, seeing you hesitate.

"No no, it's okay Harry. It's just a little harder for me than for these two," You smiled, motioning to Sirius and Remus.

You smiled sadly when Sirius shot you a concerned glance.

"I actually met these goons last. I was a Muggle born, so I didn't know anyone and the only compartment with space left was theirs," You giggled, "The train had taken off 10 minutes ago, and they were all already laughing about some stupid remark one of them made. You'd have thought they'd known each other for so long.

But, I was walking and James noticed me outside, looking, I don't know, probably scared out of my boots. He opened the door and invited me in. And from then on, all five of us were inseparable. And each of us had our own tasks during pranks. Remus was the brains, obviously. Peter was the look out. Sirius, well, he did most of the actual pranking and chose most of the targets or he'd distract the teachers and prefects, but Remus and I had to constantly make sure it wouldn't back fire on himself. James was either a distraction or executed the prank, like Sirius. Now, yours truly made double sure it was safe and, if the boys did get into trouble or caught, I'd convince the professor to lessen their punishment.

I was the safety net. They could always fall back on me. And when it did back fire, in cases they went off without Remus and I, I would be the one to help heal their injuries or reverse the effects."

"So," Harry started with a smirk, "You were the best Marauder?"

From Sirius came an offended scoff, Remus a subtle smile and the rest of the people a mighty laugh.