L. Evans

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚝

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚝

3rd person P.O.V.:

"Alright boys," Sirius speaks up, "Let's make a bet!"

Instantly, James sits up straight, staring wide-eyed at his friend, grin obvious across his features, Peter sits up just slightly, also looking towards the black haired male meanwhile Remus groans and throws his head back.

"This cannot end well," Remus grumbles, defeated.

"What's the bet?" James asked, glee clear across his face.

"Okay, so everyone knows that y/n has rejected every single guy that's asked her out. Let's make a bet, who gets her to kiss them on the lips first, wins," Sirius smirks.

"How much?" Lily asks as she took a seat next to Remus.

"4 galleons!" Sirius cheers. (it's nearly £20)

"I'm in," James cheers.

"Me, too," Peter declares.

"We all know I'm in," Sirius smirks.

"Remus?" James asks.

"No," He groans, "That's just wrong. Especially since-"

"I'll join," Lily smiles, making the boys heads whip in her direction.

They stare at her in disbelief, eyebrows furrowed, apart from Remus'.

Remus already knew about yours and Lily's relationship; he did catch you two snogging in the library after hours, once. Plus, he helped cover for you two, since you both were too afraid to come out yet.

"Alright, Evans is in, too," James laughs, almost as if he had won already, "Moony, if Evans is in, shouldn't you join too? She's a girl."

Lily smirks slightly, and watched as Remus tried to hold back a laugh, lip twitching slightly.

"I'm not wasting my money," Remus spoke, glancing at Lily briefly.

***

y/n P.O.V.:

You noticed their change in behaviour quickly. It was plainly obvious to anyone with any sort of observation skills. And you were great at observing and analysing people.

Your first hint was that James and Sirius were pushing each other to get to you, only to throw in random, and slightly cheesy, pick up lines.

Your next hint was hearing James and Sirius argue, which they never did, unless it was about someone's mental or physical health.

Your next hint was Peter offering to walk you to and from class, which he never did since he would either be following after James and Sirius, be serving detention, or just be way too shy.