Chapter 9: Spoken Feelings

The next evening, Arthur and I spend the remaining hours of the day sitting on my couch, kissing and cuddling like infatuated teenagers.

It started off innocently, with the two of us watching a classic Charlie Chaplin movie together, one of Arthur's favorites.  I snuggled into his side, leaning my head against shoulder, his arm wrapped tightly around my waist. 

All was respectable until he gave me a subtle, sidelong glance and the corner of his mouth twitched.  My pulse started to race at his tiny mannerisms and I knew I couldn't restrain myself any longer.  The tension was too strong, too taut, and I yearned for release.  We both did.

Desperately grabbing onto both sides of his teal cardigan, I brought his mouth down to mine, claiming his lips in a fiery kiss.  Startled, his hands hovered for a brief moment before slowly encircling my torso.  Arthur swiftly adjusted to my amorous action by pressing his soft lips more firmly against my own, moaning softly.

Now, in the present moment, he breaks away from our heated exchange to tilt and lower his head.  I squeal in delight as Arthur peppers tender kisses down the side of my neck, from the spot beneath my jaw all the way down to my collarbone.  Reflexively, my fists clench around his sleek curls, urging him closer to me, longing for every single part of him.  I shift to sit on his lap, wrapping my legs around his slim waist.

He chuckles against my skin, his warm breath igniting a fire within me.  After placing a final kiss behind my ear, he pulls back to look at me.  My fingers continue to play with his hair, combing through each and every lock.  His hands steadily stroke up and down my sides as he studies my face.

"You're so beautiful," he breathes out, gazing intensely into my gray eyes.

I smirk at him and trace my thumb over his bottom lip.  "And you're very handsome, Mr. Fleck."

He blushes at my compliment.  "I thought I was adorable," he says, referring to my previous adjective.

"Yes," I nod.  "That, too.  And so much more."

"More?" he questions with a huge grin.

"Yeah, you're..." I can't help but giggle before I formulate my next sentence.  "You're very attractive when you dance."

"I am?"  He seems sincerely surprised at this little factoid that I learned about him last night.

"Very," I emphasize.  "Another thing you should do more often."

He laughs softly before bringing his mouth to mine and kissing me deeply.  I feel his tongue run along my lower lip and whimper at the thrilling jolt of pleasure.

Our tongues begin to explore each other's mouths as the mutual passion rises between us.  I lean back and soon enough I find myself laying on the plush cushions as Arthur looms over me, releasing a fervent moan as I accidentally rub myself against him.  The noise he emits raises the already increasing temperature inside of me.  My legs automatically squeeze tighter around him, pushing his groin directly against my writhing form.

I break away from his lips to plant short, sweet kisses along the length of his jawline.

"Carlie..." he groans out my name.

"Yes, baby?" I manage to utter during my aroused state of mind.

He giggles adorably at my spur of the moment term of affection and I laugh along with him, ceasing my actions to glance up at his perfect face.

His expression turns serious, as he takes a deep calming breath.  His next words knock the wind out of me.  "I... I love you."

I stare up at him in shock and disbelief.  I'd always thought I'd be the one to say it first, but the fact that Arthur felt courageous enough to make the bold declaration before I did...

It brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Of course, Arthur misreads my emotional display yet again.  "Was it too soon?  I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable.  It's just... I've never felt this way before.  We can just try to forget about it if you want..."

I push myself up into a sitting position, crawling out from under him until we're both fully facing each other again.

I give him a genuine smile, placing my hands on his frail shoulders, fighting back the tears that threaten to overflow.  "I don't ever want to forget about it.  I love you, too, Arthur.  So, so much."

His green eyes begin to well up too, as he realizes my feelings are reciprocated in every single way.  With a smile full of hope, love and pure happiness, his lips enthusiastically claim mine with joyous satisfaction once more.