Letter 30

Naruto Pov

Walking through the hallway I read Sasuke's letter, I have a 15-minute break before my next class starts so im in no hurry to get to my class. Turning up the stairs not paying attention as I was reading my letter bump into a familiar black-haired raven with very pale skin, I gasp slightly but immediately bowed my head to apologize. “Im sorry, I wasn't paying attention” they scoff “Obviously, dickless” I glare at the nickname, choosing to be the nice guy I let it slide and start to walk past him, and of course he has to be annoying and grab my wrist. “Naruto~ why are you always avoiding me now, I know we aren't together anymore but I considered you my first true friend, and id hate to get rid of that friendship”. Looking into his eyes I see a hint of sadness which was rare to see in a normally emotionless face, “Sai...I don't know, we didn't end on good terms yah know.” Sai gripped my shoulders and pushed me against the wall  “Please Naruto I didn't know how to express myself as much as I do now, you're the one who helped! You're the first person who gave me happiness and I didn't realize at the time but once you left me I knew what I had lost, I finally understood what you had meant by telling me you weren't a piece of art!”

I was shocked at the emotion coming from his voice, I was happy on the inside, Im glad I was able to help him with his emotions. Seeing as sai was raising his voice I make a shushing sound at him “Sai your gonna make the whole school hear about us, you know i “ don't want people to know about our relationship” Sai didn't move instead stared at me intensely.

“It's a little too late for you to be quiet now”  Looking up the stairs I want to pass out seeing Shikamaru and Sasuke walking down the staircase God, kill me now I think internally. Sasuke was staring at me with a questioning look while sai looked at me then at them with a glare, “Sai, leave Naruto alone” Shikamaru says breaking the silence. “This is a private conversation between me and naruto” Sasuke scoffed “If it was private you should have gone to a more private location” Sai replied softly “I didn't naruto to feel uncomfortable, I wanted him to be able to know that we where somewhere where he knows I wouldn't harm him, not that I would intentionally...I read it in a book” My eyes softened, Sai was the same as ever. Sasuke got closer and pushed sai enough to let go of me Sai was about to say something but Sasuke spoke over him “I don't like people touching what's mine” I open my mouth dumbfounded, what did he say? Sai looked hurt immediately maybe it would be better for me and sai to talk something through, although I don't want to be with him I can't deny that our friendship was great. “Sasuke, in reality, I, don't belong to anyone, I am still a single pringle as my status states on Instagram sai and I just need to discuss some things nothing will go wrong” I smile at Sasuke before speaking once more “thank you, for trying to help me out”. I motion for sai to follow me while looking back I wave goodbye only to hear Shikamaru say “What a drag” man today's letter from Sasuke was so short and simple, im sure tomorrow it's gonna be troublesome.

Naru

You know, in class when you're trying to solve difficult problems you do this thing where you bite the corner of your lips, or when you glare at a test question as if it did you dirty. I've noticed so many strange habits you have by staring at you daily, sorry if it's weird but I can't help looking at you when I see your bright blond hair, beautiful eyes, and sunkissed skin. You have all my attention no matter what you're doing.

From your Sasu

*October 12*