-Chapter 3: Commissions and zombies?-

Published: May 6th 2021

words: 1473

~Night at Wangshu Inn~

Xiao POV (The Emo Teen)

'Tch, those mortals don't know how to be quiet at night always chit-chatting about mortal things.' Teleporting to the roof I sensed someone there, so hid behind the shadows of the tree. Peeking my head out I see a female figure leaning on the railing of the balcony, 'Who is she?' is all I thought at that moment. 

Her shinnying H/c hair flowing with the wind, half-lid eyes staring down on the leaf from the tree, I felt something inside me 'Am I sick? What am I feeling? I-I shouldn't be feeling feelings' I quickly teleport away, to get this feeling out of me. Who is she?

~Morning at Wangshu Inn~

Aether POV

Waking up is the worst, it's always the mornings that are the perfect time to sleep. But work must get done as a member of the adventure guild person, coming to my sense rubbing my eyes I smelled something delicious. 

"You're finally awake! Paimon thought we had to get slime water again to wake you up!"

I see Paimon eating some golden shrimp balls and Y/n coming with a plate of Moon pie and Adventure's breakfast sandwich. 

"Eat up Aether, since you don't like teleporting we're gonna have to walk around Liyue to do your commissions as well as going to Mondstadt." Y/n says handing me the sandwich, she starts eating her moon pie. 

"Paimon thinks we should go to Chang the Ninth first! It seems like the least dangerous on our list so let's hurry go!"

~At Qingce village~

"We're here~! Y/n look at the village!" Paimon yells floating to the edge of the small mountain. We go down the mountain to talk to Chang while Y/n looked at the view.

Y/n POV

Looking at Qingce village reminded me of the times Baal would take me out to a field of flowers, I shut my eyes from getting sad over a past memory until I felt a tug on my sleeve.

I look down to my side to see a child with purple hair and eyes.

"Qiqi needs help finding violet grasses, can you help Qiqi?" My heart was about to explode from how cute this girl was.

"Sure, but where are the violet grasses you're talking about?" I say kneeling down to her height 

Qiqi Pointed to the very top of the mountain, making me shocked. "Are you sure that's the one? Isn't that too dangerous?" The child kept pointing to the mountain, now with puppy eyes. 'god this child is gonna get me killed by her cuteness'

Signing in defeat I pick her up and climbed the mountain slowly, forgetting Aether and Paimon. after an hour of climbing, I finally saw some violet grasses and hurried up. Bad move. The part of the mountain I grabbed broke and almost slipped, causing me to fall down and Qiqi yelping in surprise.

Shutting my eyes I tried to use my vision but I held onto Qiqi to protect her from the impact, but I felt nothing? Opening my eyes I say myself at the very top of the mountain, a small dash of green disappearing in a second. 'now this surely is strange' I thought to myself.

Looking at Qiqi I saw small tears at the corner of her eyes and panicked not wanting her to cry, "D-don't cry! I didn't mean to scare you like that p-please don't cry!" I said waving my hands in the air, trying my best to comfort her.