-Chapter 4: Freedom and Strangers-

~Morning at Wanghshu inn~ 

Y/n POV

Opening my eyes, I see myself in bed, Aether and Paimon somehow already awake

"Good morning Y/n! Paimon got us some food before going to Mondstadt, we're gonna go meet some friends! Perhaps you know Venti!"

'Venti? I never heard of a person named Venti' I thought to myself while going to the bathroom to prepare for the long day. 

~Time Skip sponsored by Cocogoat milk~ 

3rd Person POV

"Wait" Y/n stops and turns around to see Xiao, about to go down the stairs of the Inn.

'Strange, isn't he supposed to be on his "duties"?' "Do you need something Xiao?" the Yaksha brings his hand to the girl's head, putting a small Butterfly made of leaves on her, Y/n tilts her head looking at his eyes causing a small blush on Xiao's cheeks. 

"It's a butterfly amulet, it staves off evil"

Y/n giggles, an invisible smile on Xiao's face. "Thanks Xiao! Hopefully, we can meet again if I come back from Mondstadt" She smiles holding his hand.

"Y/n! We gotta go!" Paimon yells in distance, causing Xiao to frown.

"Looks like I have to go now Xiao, I'll see you soon!" Y/n waves goodbye to Xiao while hurrying down the steps, the boy watching her leave until teleporting away for his own duties.

"You're finally here! What took so long?" Paimon asked hands on her hips. "Xiao gave me an amulet, he says it scares off evil, it so nice of him of giving me it!" "How come Xiao is nice to Y/n and not anyone else?! So mean of him!" Paimon Pouts, Aether frowned wanting to fight the Yaksha.

~Time skip again to Mondstadt because I am lazy~

"We're here! Let's go visit Jean and the others on how they're doing!" Paimon says, The trio going through the gates of Mondstadt's city. Y/n looked around, amazed but not surprised how the nation without its god lives by just its people. '

Walking around, Aether and Paimon walk to the Knight's headquarters forgetting that Y/n isn't familiar with the city, getting her lost.

Entering a building, the smell of wine and alcohol immediately hits her nose causing Y/n to make a disgusted face. Alcohol, or for Inazuma's name Sake were drunk a lot for only the rich, knowing this knowledge that the poor people must make this for such a small price makes the immortal blood boil in anger.

"May I help you?" A voice called, snapping Y/n out of her train of thought. behind the bar table (is it bar or bar table idk) was a red-haired man, quite tall and cleaning a glass cup. "Do you know where I can find a boy named Aether and a floating creature named Paimon at? I am not familiar with this city."

"They're here already? I thought they were going to Inazuma, but I don't know where Aether or the annoying Paimon is at, sorry" Y/n gets disappointed at the fact that people don't know where Aether is but remembers the name of someone Paimon mentioned when they first arrived.

"Do you know a person's name, Jean? Paimon said they were gonna meet her, do you perhaps know where she is?" "Jean, she's in the knight's headquarters. I'll lead you there, Charles you serve the drinks now!" Diluc calls out, putting on his coat. 'Why does he wear a coat on a sunny day?' Y/n thought as she followed him out to the headquarters.

"The name's Diluc by the way, You don't look like you're from Mondstadt nor Liyue. Are you possibly from Inazuma? Aether did mention he had to go to Inazuma" "yes, I am from Inazuma, I presume you are from here? I'm not familiar with Mondstadt attire." Diluc nodded, going up the stairs and towards the doors of the Headquarters.

"Just go to the left door, and Jean should be there as well as Paimon and Aether" Diluc says holding the door, not entering. Y/n enters thinking Diluc before he leaves back to the Tavern. Opening the door towards Jean's office, you see Aether and Paimon as well as three other figures in the room.

"Oh~? Now, who could this beauty be doing here?" The green clocked figure says, putting an arm around Y/n. "Y/n! There you are, Paimon thought you were following us!" Paimon says hitting your head, it barely hurt though so you just stood there.

Y/n POV

"Now now, that's no way to mess with a lady~" The blue-haired figure said walking up to Paimon (Almost) yeeting them away from me. "Sorry, I was too distracted with the views of Mondstadt. Thankfully a man named Diluc helped come here" I said going to Aether to get away from the two strangers.

"I apologize for these two, I am Jean, acting Grand Master for the Knights. The man in green is Venti the bard, and the other man is Kaeya Cavalry Captain." Jean says laying a hand on my shoulder.

Aether holds my hand while slowly walking towards the door, I look at him confused. "I think it's time to go, come on," Aether says dragging me and Paimon. I turn around to see venti and Kaeya following us, I stay silent allowing them to follow us.

'Such strange people, is Diluc and Aether the only normal people from Mondstadt?'

To be continued

I am so sorry for the delay and shortness of this chapter for I am finally out of my busy schedule of school and it's summer! I will be writing a lot more when I can! although I will be busy in July I will try my best to write as much as I can! Thank you!