Chapter 6

Avery's pov

God I hate being so vulnerable around people let along the fucking Avengers. 

"I got you a dress while we were out," Natasha says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

She walks over to my bed and holds up a black flowy dress.

"It's perfect" I smile.

Natasha helps me get dressed and Wanda does my hair

Natasha helps me get dressed and Wanda does my hair. I look in the mirror grinning. Wanda did my hair up in space buns and the dress is amazing.

 Wanda did my hair up in space buns and the dress is amazing

They both go and get ready which leaves me in my room alone. I grab my backpack off the floor. Rummaging through I find the photo of Alex. She looked after me when my mother couldn't. She is so nice I miss her. A single tear rolls down my cheek making me wipe it away instantly.

"What's wrong squirt?" I hear Tony ask.

"Nothing" I gulp.

He notices the photo which I quickly hide behind my back. I look away. I hear Mr Stark start to walk away.

"Wait, Mr Stark"

He turns back around.

"Call me Tony," Tony says.

"Right… Tony thank-you" 

"For what?" He asks.

"For everything" I smile.

I'm holding onto Nat's hand shyly as she introduces me to Maria Hill. I see Luke in the corner of my eye encouraging me.

"Nice to meet you, Agent Hill," I say shaking her hand.

"Please call me Maria" she smiles warmly.

I then spot Fury sitting on the couch talking to Tony. A mischievous smile spreads across my face.

"Hi, eye patch!" I yell waving over to him.

He scowls at me.

"Wow someone still needs a happy meal" 

 The two older women laugh. I leave them and go find Bucky who I haven't really talked to. 

"Hi" 

Bucky looks down at me smiling.

"Hi, little one" he crouches down, eye level to me.

"So do you like him?" I smirk.

"Who," Bucky asks.

I raise my eyebrow as if to say really.

"Steve dipshit" 

"No, what got you that idea" he stutters.

"I'm a trained spy," I smirk.

"Oh by the way Steve told me to tell you to meet him in his room" I lie.

Bucky stares at me for a second then stands up and leaves towards Steve's room. I smirk. I'm definitely going to hook up these two. Running over to Steve who is talking to Nat I tug on his sleeve. 

"Bucky told me to tell you to meet him in your room" 

"Ok?" Steve replies.

He goes to his room. I prop myself up on the couch where Steve had been sitting moments before. An evil grin spreads across my face.

"What did you do?" Nat whispers.

"Nothing" I smirk.

I then use my powers to lock the door to Steve's room. But it's too late Bucky and Steve come storming over to me.

"Oh no" 

"Are you trying to hook us up?" Steve asks.

Tony chokes on his drink. 

"Maybe," I say mischievously.

"Did it work?" I continue.

They both go bright red. I jump up punching the air. Gay power. They both roll their eyes and sit down. The party is cleared out now and it's just the main Avengers. I get bored and ask Tony if he has paper, a pencil and a rubber. He nods and goes and gets some drawing stuff. Once he comes back I take it off him and sit by Nat. I start drawing while tuning out the sounds around me. I have been drawing for hours. My eyes are heavy and I feel like I'm going to fall asleep. I'm so tired that I let sleepiness consume me.

Nat's pov

I think it's bedtime for her" Steve smiles while nodding over to Avery.

I look down at her next to me, she is sleeping peacefully. Her drawing in her tiny hands. Carefully I take the drawing out of her hands and have a look.

 Carefully I take the drawing out of her hands and have a look

"Wow that's good," Rhode says who is behind me.

I place it on the table right next to me. Then I carefully pick up Avery holding her in my arms. I take her to her room. Laying her on the bed I grab the PJs that I got for her earlier. I slip off her dress and put them on. She looks so cute. The PJs are red with little foxes. Smiling I tuck her in and go back to the others.

 Smiling I tuck her in and go back to the others

Then I realise. I grab a mission file, quickly flick through it then run out to the others. 

"Guys!"

Everyone looks over at me.

"It's Averys birthday tomorrow!" I smile.

"Oh I'm definitely getting her a horse and a dog oh and a whole ass barn" Stark smirks.

"Jeez chill Tony if you want to you can but don't you think it's a bit much for a girl you just met we still need to get custody over her" Steve sighs.

"Still getting her them" Tony laughs.