Chapter 13

I wake up with a start and immediately wince in pain. I quickly pull my pants down and see a long slice across my private part stitches still in. Silent tears run down my cheeks and drip onto my shoulder blades. I fall to the ground sobbing into my hands. At that moment something clicks inside of me. A burning sensation forms in the pit of my stomach. It increases harshly. I scream out in pain. I feel every bone in my body break with a sickening crack. Black whisks flicker around me before flying towards me impaling my weak skin. Abruptly all the pain stops. I lie on the cold ground panting, my eyes shut tight. After what feels like hours I open my eyes gasping as I see two huge black paws where my arms should be. I must be hallucinating again. When was the last time I had my pills?. Today or yesterday? I don't know. I shake my head and pad towards a small puddle of water that has dripped down from the ceiling. I peer down at it, a reflection of a black wolf stares back at me. I admire the wolf's silky black fur and piercing green eyes like my mums. How do I change back into my human form I think. As if on cue I feel my bones move back to where they should be. It's less painful this time. I sigh in relief as I change back into a human. 

"Well that's new" I mutter.

"What is?" Madame B asks as she walks into my cell.

"Oh no- nothing" I stammer.

"Well now that you had your graduation we start training again" Madame B announces.

She takes hold of my arm and drags me to a cold room. A machine is placed dead in the middle. Madame B throws me onto the ground right in front of it. She proceeds to tell me to sit on the chair that the machine has. I obey and scramble to sit on the chair. She straps me in and shoves a mouthguard into my mouth.

"Just breathe this will only hurt a bit," she says while putting something on my head.

Without warning, she turns on the machine. I let out a blood-curdling scream. I try to form words but all that comes out are loud gasps. The machine goes on for a bit before it stops. Smoke clouds the air.

"She broke it," someone yells.

Where am I and who are these people? I think.

"Are you ready to serve Commander Romanoff," a short stubby lady asks.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Madame B, your mentor," she smiles.

"I'm ready to comply," I nod.

"Great come with me" she commands.

I follow her down a long dark hallway. The walls seem to slowly close in on me making me walk quicker.

"Where am I?" I ask.

Madame B stops and turns around.

"You only speak when I tell you, you understand" she yells at me.

I nod quickly.

"You understand!" She yells again.

"Yes- yes Madame" I stammer. 

She takes me into a meeting room where a group of girls of all ages and a boy are sitting around a table. They all stand up when we enter the room. 

(I know that they have no boys at the red room but the boy called Kai is from Hydra you'll find out about his past later on) 

"This is your new Commander, Commander Romanoff" Madame B introduces me.

All the people salute me. 

"Miss Alford, can you take Miss Romanoff to her room? She's in B block room seven," Madame B asks a girl around the same age as me.

I follow her out of the room.

"So what's your name mine is Maddison but you can call me Maddi" she smiles.

"Um, Avery" I smile back awkwardly.

"So is your mother actually the famous Black Widow," Maddi asks.

"Who?" I ask.

"Oh, you poor thing, they must have brainwashed you" Maddi sighs sadly.

I don't say anything. We arrive at the dorm.

"You are in the same room as me," Maddi grins.

She takes my arm, making me flinch. I don't know why I flinched, a natural reaction maybe?.

"Here you can go on the left side and your belongings are in a chest under your bed," Maddi explains.

I examine the room. Two single beds are on either side of the room and there's a small slit for a window in the middle. 

"I know it's small but you'll get used to it" Maddi states the obvious.

She passes me a timetable. I read through it. I note that dinner is at five pm. 

"If you're late for anything you will be punished," Maddi tells me.

"It's late so you go take a shower then it's bedtime" Maddi continues talking.

She grabs my pjs from under my bed and hands them to me along with a towel and toilet bag.

"What about lady things," I ask.

Maddi's face pales.

"They sterilize you so we can't have periods," she says while tears form in her eyes.

"I'm sorry" she sighs.

"No.." I say holding back my tears.

I turn around and go to the bathroom that I saw on the way here. I pull off my clothes. I look down and see a bright red scar across my private part. For some reason, I feel like it's familiar like I've seen it before. I ignore it and turn on the water. I shiver at how cold it is. I quickly take a shower and get back in time for bed. A guard puts handcuffs on me and cuffs me to my bed. I try to get comfy as my arms are cuffed beside each side of me. I slowly close my eyes and drift off to a dreamless sleep.

The next morning I wake up to someone uncuffing me. Once released I rub my sore wrists. I get changed into my suit for training. I then follow the girls to training.

"Commander Romanoff shot this man" Madame B instructs while passing me a gun.

I take the gun and without hesitation I shoot the gun at the man. He slumps in his bounds, blood pooling out of his head.

"Very good" Madame B smiles.

I pass her back the gun.

We continue to train for most of the day. 

"You did good out there," Maddi says.

"Thanks" I blush.

We have just finished our last lesson which is ballet.

"Let's go back to the dorms so I can massage my feet, they are so sore," Maddi groans.

"Yeah lets go" I laugh.