Chapter 10

⚠️ Trigger Warning⚠️
Abuse, torture, rape mentioned

Avery's pov

After the meeting with the principal, I get sent home. On the car ride there no one says anything. I spot Nat clutching the steering wheel, her knuckles turn white. She's mad. We arrive and head to the living room. That's when Nat bursts.

"What the hell were you thinking!" She yells.

I flinch.

"You broke her nose!" She continues yelling.

I take a step back, afraid. I cover my ears. She goes to pull my arms away making me flinch.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I scream.

"Then stop covering your ears like a baby" she yells back.

"Fuck you" 

"Don't swear at me I'm your mum" she shouts.

"Then where were you all those years back when I was half beaten to death. You want to know how I got the scars on my back! They chained me up with no clothes on and whipped me. Anything that will hurt me. They would use me as their sex doll every fucking day. So fuck off!" I scream.

I turn around and go to my room slamming the door in the process. All my hallucinations sing louder and louder.

"Shut the fuck up!" I yell.

Everything falls silent.  

Nats pov

I stand there shocked as Avery turns around and leaves the room. I've scared her and I shouldn't have yelled. I know loud sounds scare her. Tears start to form in my eyes. 

"Nat…." 

"No, go away," I say, shrugging off Steve as he tries to comfort me.

I then go to my room and lay on my bed. What have I done?. She was just getting comfortable around everyone and I went ahead and fucked it up. 

Avery's pov

I lay in bed with my hands in my face. I've been in my room for around three hours now. Everyone, not including Nat, has tried to talk to me. I ignore them every time.  I sigh, I'm going to have to come out eventually. Just not now I think. A few more hours to show how I'm really pissed off. I know it's not Nat's fault and I'm being selfish but if they knew the real reason for my sarcasm and sass then they might send me away. That I see things.

"Or you could talk to Bruce and Tony about it," Luke says.

I shake my head "not gonna happen".

"please"

"No"

"Come on"

"No"

"Please"

"Ok"

"Really!"

"No"

I stare at Luke. 

"Ugh fine" I groan while getting up.

I walk out of my room and down the hall. Butterfly's flutter in my stomach. I don't want to face anyone because of my breakdown earlier. I take a deep breath and walk towards Bruce and Tony. 

"What's up squirt," Tony asks, taking a sip of his drink.

I look down at my shaking hands.

"Umm"

"I- I can't do this" I turn to run away but I bump into Bucky.

"Sorry doll!" Bucky says.

"It's fine" I mutter as I pull myself together.

I turn around and Tony's looking at me expectantly.

"Um I see things"

(The reason she swears really bad is because she has grown up with people who don't care about her and swear around her)