T w e n t y - N i n e

She inhaled the cold air, feeling the sharpness in her lungs expand.

She never liked this area of Surrey, it was too muggle like and ... communal. She had spotted Professor McGonagall in her animagi form by the wall of 4 Privet Drive. June had waited in the shadows for over an hour, waiting to get the chance to get her life back to normal.

Each day was a task, each day was a constant battle and struggle to keep the tears from falling. It had been only a few weeks since James and Lily's funeral, it had been only a few weeks since Peter betrayed Sirius and her - revealing that he had lead Voldemort the Potter's secret home because he want them to feel the pain he did in having someone he loved teared away from him. June couldn't understand what he was talking about, each scream and cry Peter scorned upon them grew with insanity and delusion. In her whole school life, she had no inclination that Peter had loved her. He took James away from her and to top it off, he took Sirius away from her too as the blame for James and Lily's murder was found suddenly upon Sirius, guards of Azkaban taking him before he could defend his honour and escape back home to her.

With only months away from giving birth, Juniper Black was all alone and needed to fix what she had left. She was to save her nephew.

Spotting her old headmaster at the end of the cul-de-sac, she pulled herself out of the darkness and slowly walked her way towards him, now beside McGonagall also.

"Miss Potter, You should be back home" Professor Dumbledore's voice was firm but had an ache of regret and condolence.

"It's Mrs Black. I know you keep telling me to return to my maiden name but that will never happen." June was cold and hiccuped through the tears she was desperate to hold back. The comforting hands of Minerva pressed around her shoulders, pulling one of her favourite students to her side.

"I understand but you need to get home safely..." Dumbledore pressed again

"Not without Harry first"

"Miss Po..."

"I'm well aware of the accusations made against my husband, Albus. Luckily for everyone, he's been snatched away from my family so you're all safe now! I'm not letting the only memory I have of James being left with bitch of a woman who DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER ATTENDING HER SISTERS FUNERAL!" June tried to keep the hysterics low but the pain was too much for her. Taking a breath, she gripped Minvera's hand as it remained on her shoulder. "Please don't take him away from me.... I need my family with me. I can't lose anymore..." She was reduced to a whimper.

The roar of Sirius' motorbike snapped her attention, memories of their wedding night flooding in as they rode back to the home June had bought them after school had ended, her white dress rippling in the wind behind him. Another tear fell as she saw their dearest Hagrid lowering down on the bike instead, her small and sweet nephew strapped to him.

Hagrid spotted June, a tearful pressed smile glanced her way.

"Little tyke fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristol..." He lightly chuckled.

"Thank you Hagrid." Dumbledore took Harry before June could reach, walking slowly towards Petunia's front door.

"Juniper, he will be safer here. He will be away from it all until he is ready." He placed the sleeping boy down on the footstep, looking over him. All anger burst from June at the sight of him laying there.

"How dare you. HOW DARE YOU! Who made you God! Who gave you this right to decide this. Harry is MINE by legal right just as much as Petunia. She doesn't want him! She's never showed any interest in Harry ever since he was born. Harry needs a FAMILY not a villain for mother figure!" She pushed passed him, picking up her nephew and pulled him closer, the pained sobbed growing.

"Albus, Harry needs to be with her. I've been against this idea from the start and you are too! Damn Cornelius and his opinions!" Minerva huffed, her voice strained form holding her own tears back. The 3 professors took one look at June; before their eyes they saw a broken new mother trying to save 3 lives; Harry, her unborn child and her own life. She would be nothing if Harry was taken from her. With a final tear falling upon Harry's cheek, June took one final glance toward Albus.

"Forgive me.." Her breath escaped and she was gone. The door step of never 4 Privet Drive was empty, leaves blustered from the sudden disappearance. She gasped as she landed back in her home bedroom, checking over Harry to see if he was well and unharmed. To her surprise, he was unbothered and still asleep, although stirring slightly. It was past 3am now, the darkness outside slowly fading away as the sun was approaching. All night, she held her nephew in her arms, watching him sleep, petrified that he would slip away or that someone would try to come back for him.

"I have you, I still have you both. You're going to be such a good help when Mona's here... she's going to have the best cousin in the world" She soothed sweet words until she fell asleep, Harry's small fingers curled around her thumb and their breathing shallow and light.

The world granted June one wish that night - despite the horrors she faced in having her family taken, she received some back. She knew it was only a matter of time before Sirius would come back, she was hopeful. Each night she would write a letter again, expressing everything she wanted to say to her husband and begged the moon and stars to send him back to her. Every night before bed she would hover by the fire place, waiting for him to come through. Each time was unsuccessful but she never gave up hope: she had 5 months worth of unsent letters stacked in her office.

Staring at the repeating photo of her husband dancing around in his old dorm bedroom back at school, his school tie around his head like a bandana and his button down shirt undone, she thought back to the very first letter where he asked her who she wanted to be... She finally had her answer.

She wanted to be the one to save someone's life or help them in anyway possible. She looked down at the crib and took a breath as Harry and her new born daughter, Mona, gently wriggled

"And I know who you'd be... the best father a wife could ask for. You will be soon..."

- - - - - - -

A/N: AHHHHHH I finished it! Thank you so much to everyone for your support and patiences on this story!

Comment down below your fave part, least fave or just something that made you happy! If you'd like to make a suggestion about the ending or something you'd like to add or change - tell me! I'd love to hear your ideas and suggestions and perhaps I'll ACTUALLY make a small spin off sequel!

I love you all ❤️

Nat x