E i g h t e e n

The cobbled stone road was still snowy with patches of slush, the high January sun melting away small areas and exposing the slippery iced road to Hogsmeade. Sirius had stopped himself and June for a moment, allowing the others to go ahead; naturally they started to whistle at them and make a fuss but none the less left the new love birds alone.

"I'm sure you know by now?" June grinned, shaking her head towards her brother's playful gestures, watching them shrink smaller in the distance.

"Mmm, Remus and Evans always are a step ahead." He took her by the waist and walked backwards, resting against the road wall with herself in between his thighs. It took every ounce of control to not let his mind drift. She grinned at his rosy cheeks and the curls sticking out from under the black beanie, brushing a stray curl away from his eyes. "So madam; lunch at the three broomsticks or we grab some snacks and set up a cozy den in the room of requirements?"

He was spectacular, he was charming and far from what she imagined herself to be part of. She was one of the small and lucky few to see more than one side of Sirius Black; to the majority it was the grumpy, witty and cocky grunge teenager, to some he was one of the intellects, to his few friends he was the sad young man with the playful heart of a puppy... and to Juniper; he was a very suave, very gentlemanly and undeniably beautiful soul.

"Can we do both?" She batted her eyelashes playfully, every measure of pure excitement pouring out of her. Nodding, he pulled her close and embraced tight, enjoying the contact he so desperately needed without having to hide it anymore. Gathering themselves together, they finally made it into the snowy village and went for lunch first. Seating them as far away from their villainously taunting friends, Sirius pulled out a seat for June and sat beside her, grabbing a menu. Laughing at his unusual seating choice, she waiting for his attention.

"Is my face that repulsive that you'd rather sit beside me than look at me?" Her sarcastic and zingy jest lit a fire in him, a devilish and breathtaking look rose as he turned to her.

"If I were to sit opposite you, there would be 3 problems Juni" He stated

"Enlighten me?" Her cheek rested against her hand, giggling.

"Number 1. You're too far away to reach your hand. I'm needy today. Number 2. I need a hug. Did I mention I was needy? Not sure I did.. And number 3. If I were looking at you whilst we had lunch, I would be watching your pretty face but you would be watching a dribbling idiot forget how to function because he's too distracted by your mouth. Make sense?" He didn't skip a beat, his wit warming every part of her and the pair were in fits of laughter.

"Now that we have that out of the way - what can I get you to drink? Butterbeer, coffee.... glass of red wine?" Sirius glanced at the menu again, taking her hand and laced his fingers with hers

"Wine? Sirius we're underage you muppet!" June hushed her voice, hoping the barmaid and other staff didn't hear.

"Didn't stop you and Evans last year before summer, downing a bottle of Merlot between the two of you at the end of year party. What a pretty sight that was!" He shuffled closer, his face inches from her. She couldn't resist the playful teasing, it made her stomach flip and her heart pick up sped. Blushing at the embarrassing tale of the year before, she decided to 180 his taunting ass.

"Okay big shot. Let's see how well you remember everything we spoke about in our letters. You decide what I drink and eat.... I did tell you my favourites of course..." her lips hovered ever so slightly against his before she gave a swift peck and stood to use the bathroom, leaving the confident boy in a dizzy spell.

- - -

Time was always beyond June's capability of understanding, the day had gone so quick and yet time had gone into slow motion with every moment she spent with Sirius. The sky in the room of requirements was enchanted to match the night sky outside of the castle. As promised, the room was littered with pillows, a large sheet and hundred of twinkly lights, a perfect end to a spontaneous first date. They laid on their sides, the comforting silence and a gentle crackle of the nearby fire had set the mood perfectly for Sirius to ask his next question.

"Juniper..."

"Juniper? Uh oh, what have I done?" She covered her mouth slightly, eyes darting around

"Shh" his raspy chuckle soothed her, his large hand brushing a stray hair from her nose and cheek. He left his hand there, his thumb gently caressing her cheek as he found the words he wanted say. She waited with eager eyes, her pulse increasing.

"It was so easy to write you love letters ... but now that I'm looking at you; you make me so nervous." Sirius confessed, his voice so soft it was hard to hear. With soft and heavy eyes, June scooter closer to him, her body pressed against his

"Sirius Black! Nervous? Didn't think I'd see that side of you. It's hot..." June snorted, her taunting giggle hitting him in heart like a sharp arrow. Pulling away, he stopped breathing and searched every part of her face, the corners of his lips twitching as he tried to force the smile to stay down. It was simply impossible. Wasting not a second more, his hands scooped under her thighs and pulled her up to straddle his lap, her surprised and angelic squeak intoxicated him and made his need for her closeness grow and grow.

"Oh wow" her internal thoughts slipping out, caught off guard by his dominance and needless to say, she was buzzing. He let out a sweet laugh as her reaction.

Shutting up her mindless mumbling, his hand held the back of her neck, peppering kisses on her lips and slowly down her neck, stopping at her collarbone whilst his other hand reach around her back and down, grabbing a generous handful. She was a trembling mess in his lap.

"This okay?" It was deep purr in her ear, warmth spreading through every nerve in her body. Nodding, she let out a small moan of confirmation as she pulled him back for more light fun.