F i v e

He kept the crumpled note tucked in the inside pocket of his jacket, his finger brushing it from time to time, unsure what he should do with it. Does he burn it? Does he sneak it back into June's bag so she thinks she going mad, does he give it back to her like a normal person? Psh - When was Sirius normal.

Dinner passed, students now heading back to their dorms and common rooms to enjoy their relaxing or party hard Saturday evening. Taking some free time to himself, Sirius found himself by the owlery, looking around at the small owls. His mind flickered to a moment earlier in the week; he caught the end of a conversation from some 7th year Slytherin girls and what they thought counted as romantic gestures. An odd conversation to walk in on, never the less, but he found it interesting. An anonymous letter was the most popular apparently! One girl received a note attached to her owl and replied back to it; a day later she conversed back and forth via notes until she finally met the sender. They were now dating.

Sirius shook his head, sighing as to why the subject popped to his head - perhaps it was due to the butterfly notions that would not disappear what so ever. It was to the point that he could be sick on the spot.

He wasn't, however, completely clueless or blind so he gathered together events as to when the feeling started or would stop....

There he was standing in front of June's owl, Dixie, with an anonymous letter.

Why was he doing it? Curiosity killed the cat..? Or was it because Miss Lily Evans put the idea in his head and he wasn't adverse to it. He never sat down to think about Juni in any other way than being his best friends sister, to being another Potter and yet she was so much more than that; she valued every person, she was loyal and would unwilling or without noticing care and comfort those with ease, just like she did with him.

He was a broken toy that didn't know needed mending. He was used the heartbreak and strain but got to experience a warmth for the first time with James as school started. He got to experience a mothers touch and a father pride on the day he moved in. But when June was present ... it was a new glow and had nothing to compare or understand it too. She was new. It was no wonder he would repeat in his imagination the feeling of her hands in his hair. He missed a feeling he didn't know he needed.

It wasn't a mother's touch, it wasn't a family warmth. He could feel his heart beat so fast it could shatter into a million pieces.

- - - - - - -

"Dooo dooo dooooo" June pranced about by the fire, her hands intwined with Marlene's, screaming Dancing Queen at the top of their lungs as the girls obsessed over the new single. Lily finished setting up the stereo whilst Alice brought the last of the cushions down. The girls begged their head of house, Professor McGonagall, for permission to sleep in the common room that night instead of their dorm, wanting to have a small sleepover as a first week back treat.

The pampering started; toe nails painted, facials and face masks. The whole lot!

"Mary. True or False. You and Amos had a ... sneaky cuddle during summer?" Lily wiggled her eyebrows as she finished applying a mud mask to June and herself. With a not so innocent grin, the girls cackled and jumped on each other, embracing and enjoying all the juicy secrets. Curfew came around and the door to the entrance opened, all heads turned towards the culprits.

"Oh my gosh - you're drenched!" June wrinkled her nose as her brother, Remus and Sirius. Remus grinned as he shook out his hair, splashing the girls and jumping away to escape the screaming and pillows thrown at them all. Sirius spotted a towel by the fire, which he guessed was for the muck the girls were wearing on their faces.

Joining the sleepover fun, the boys gathered and chatted with the girls. With his ringlets still dripping against his cheeks, Sirius caved and snatched up the towel. He tipped toed around some of the others, careful not to get in the way. Perched on the arm chair slightly, June smiled as she spotted Sirius walk towards her but raised an eyebrow to his sheepish frown.

Without another word, he placed the towel in her hand and dropped his head down, his hands hovering to rest on her knees. She looked at the crown of his head for a second, unsure as to why she was supposed to dry his head. With a small shoulder shrug, she rubbed his head about and let out a small chuckle.

He found the feeling again. He grinned at the floor. A small gesture but something so... homely. His lifted his head, her hands still rubbing around his head, the pair of them laughing at the state of his hair

A butterfly crashed against the wall of her stomach. She hiccuped and stopped for a second. Their brows raised at each other. Could they both sense it? Was it a connected feeling? Can that happen...

Sirius eyes flashed sideways for a moment, glad that no one was paying attention or making a deal of it. Noticing his letter on the table behind the sofa, he drew the long glance at each other to a different subject

"Writing to your mum?" He smirked

"No, but remind me to do that actually." Her smile beamed "Dixie flew in earlier with this and it's a letter but I haven't got a clue who from... I don't remember writing to anyone. Besides there is a no name.." she shrugged, placing the letter back in her hands, feeling the rough parchment as she rubbed it gently with her small finger tips

"Mind if I look? I may know who's it is?" He bluffed, brushing his hair back and flipped the soaked towel to rest over his shoulder. June nodded and passed it over.

J.A.P,

I came across your letter by the fire one morning. I was unsure if it was intended to be burnt or if the wind caught it and almost destroyed in. Either way, it is very much intact and back in your care.
Forgive me as I've read it of course to see if it's not an evil plan to assassin any of us but in doing so, I feel a strong connection to all your intention and believe (and hope) you want to give anyone guidance and help.  If you could be anyone, who would you be?

Pride can stand a thousand trials but the strong will never fall - I hope the galaxies and Merlin find your letter.

- A

He looked up at her, smirked and began to question the letters and tease her. The pair of them bickered playfully until it was time to turn in.