S i x t e e n

June was restless throughout the night, expecting to be awoken by bodies piled on her and millions of questions she was not ready to answer and yet her dorm was quiet and still. June looked around to see her friends beds empty and neat, the small crackle of the furnace placed in the centre warming the cold January morning. She looked at her bed, her hand clutching Sirius's letter still and the sheets screwed up. She was indeed restless.

Glancing to the clock by the door she sighed at the time; 10.00 on a Saturday. What a wasted morning! She descended from her bed, wrapped up warm in a long beige dress, a floaty white jumper and her favourite boots. A very cosy attire; it was Hogsmeade day after all!

She found her common room to be friendless when she left her dorm, spotting a few first years sat around reading and others from the 3rd year playing chess.

"June! Aaron keeps beating me!" One of the 3rd year girls groaned as she went to leave. Smirking, she walked over to the four younger students sat around the wizard chess set Remus would leave out for others to practice with. Placing a hand on top of Aaron's hair, she looked at what moves he made. With a grin, she walked around to Lacy's side, whispered in her ear as to where to move her Queen piece and put Aaron in checkmate.

"Problem solved" she winked before waving away and down to find her peers. She always enjoyed the company of others. Unsure if her instinct were correct this time, she checked the hall knowing that James or Remus would try and squeeze in second breakfast before the trip to the small town. Stopping by the door, her heart beat picked up speed, thoughts swimming back to the night before. Was Sirius bombarded by questions, did the girls give him hell based on the state they found June this morning, was he bragging and being a ponce... did she want to steal him away for a private moment or did she want to reassure everyone they wanted something to blossom. Swallowing the never ending thoughts that consumed her crammed brain, she pulled her shoulders back and smiled.

She grinned as she saw James' face first, surprised to see her brother so ... excited? Eyes began to follow and just like that, her friends were watching her with joyful smiles. What have they been doing? She saw him and stopped a second, his long hair brushed back, fluffy and his sleepy happy eyes softened as he watched her, his hand clamming up and wanting to reach for her.

"Mooooorning" the 3 boys purred, minus the suddenly speechless Sirius who grinned at his friends annoying taunting. Ruffling her brother's hair, she looked over at the girls, waiting for her eardrums to shatter.

"So... just kiss or... ? We have money on this." Lily blurted out with a wicked grin, unable to control herself. Marlene nodded along side of her. Mouths fell, screeches and laughter echoed and James loosened the collar on his jumper.

"That's wifey right there..." James muttered, taking his glasses off to clean them with a proud smirk. Ignoring all the crazy commotion, June placed her hand on Sirius' shoulder as she stood behind him. His fingers met hers as he pulled her down a little, both arms now wrapped around his shoulders and her cheek rested beside his. The wildness in front of them cut off like a scratched record. It wasn't mean smiles or playful ones, they were genuine happy and excited smiles; curious smiles.

"Shut it.." Sirius shushed them, closing his eyes and enjoying his embrace, unable hold back the smile.

"It's just so.... odd!" Peter shook head, returning to his breakfast.

"Yet so right" Alice sighed with dreamy content, her angelic grin dazzling the table. The others nodded.

Grinning with a an evil glint, James joined in; "I'm not mad, I get you as a brother in law now"

"Slow your roll, Ugly Potter! We just kissed..." The cat was finally out of the bag, it felt completely real to her now and well as the others. The restless dream was reality. The voices of her friends faded, the bet squabbling became quiet and in that second she was alone with her arms around Sirius.

"Shall we.." he whispered, slowly getting up as her arms dropped, the two of them keeping watch as they snuck away. Out of sight and down a benched hallway, his hands remained latched to hers, glad to be back next to her. "Good Morning..."

Deja vu hit as she was backed up, his hands palming her hip bones as they reached the wall, bodies pressed together. Her perfume caught his nose, sending him giddy and pulling her closer, child like giggles escaping their lips. She played with the ends of his hair, looping the curls around her finger over and over. Smitten didn't come close.

"Can we just stay here for today?" June muttered against his collarbone as they swayed slightly.

"Mmm, it's rather chilly down here - don't want you catching a cold" His voice was muffled as his lips pressed against the top of her hair, enjoying the smell of her lavender shampoo. "Besides, it's time to go on a date.."

Looking up quickly, her brows furrowed a smidge, caught off guard by his sudden proposition but none the less, her cheeks were glowing and her palms clammed up this time. "Is that so!"

"Yep! We're all going to Hogsmeade together but I will be kidnapping you away so I can be alone with you. Go get your bag - I'll meet you by the entrance hall in 10 minutes." His fingers slipped away from her hips, backing up with a charming grin. Taking her hand, he pressed a kiss to her palm once more and strutted away, hands stuffed in his pockets. She watched him walk away, besotted and frozen to his charm. Fanning her hand across her face to cool the warm sensation in her cheeks, she eventually moved away from their quiet spot and back up to her dorm.

It finally happened; there she was tackled and squished by the many bodies of her girlfriends; fingers prodding and tickling as the taunting sang in her ears.

"Alright! Spit it out!" With a large eye roll, June sat on the end of her bed, waiting for the over the top reactions; she was not disappointed.

"Merlins beard, are you two a bigger cliché!"

"Please tell me it was more than a kiss. I can't lose another bet with Lil's"

"How big is his—"

Shoving a hand over Mary's mouth, June screeched, begging for the madness to stop. She looked over at Lily again, seeing the smirk practically doing the cha cha across her face "Go on..."

"Took you long enough" She tucked a loose strand behind her ear and grinned. With confused looks, Lily was now the one being prodded and grabbed.

"Lillian, my dear - I haven't the foggiest what you're talking about..." June was apprehensive and worried about the sly grin on her best friends face. Sitting beside her, Lily took her hand and started to explain.