Fight of My Life

October, 2020

Day two of house arrest, it's seems like forever since I've seen a glimpse of my happiness (speaking of Spencer) *blushing*. Anyways, I just want to be seen, not thrown away, not outcasted, but actually treated as valuable why can't anyone in this house see that! Why can't America see that for Tamika, or Tamir or any other black life?? It's time to rev this podcast up some more!
I wonder If I should text Spencer....nah I probably shouldn't I don't even know what I would say to him after being so stupid a few weeks ago! Gosh why did I do that?? I wonder what he's doing ?

———Crenshaw———-
Dillon walks into Spencer's room. "Yo did you see this video of the body cam ?? Someone leaked it." His face stained with frustration. Spencer grabs the phone and looks at it, face starting to brew with anger, "Dillon where you'd get this man? Stop watching it, us watching that footage isn't gonna do anything but make us angry, that's not how I want us to remember our brothers and sisters." Dillon spurts out, "but" Spencer interjects,  "but nothing Dillon if we're gonna do something let's do it where it counts. I think I'm gonna talk to coach and the team about doing something at the next game." Dillon looks up hopeful, "That will be dope Spence." Spencer's face softens, look I'm sorry man for getting upset, it's a lot going on right now then this... Dillon sits next to Spencer, "hey if anyone can get through this, I know you can, you've always been an inspiration to me! They dap hands, "thanks bro, come on let's get to school."
Dillon leaves out as Spencer puts his notebook in his backpack, his phone vibrates and he's hoping it's Olivia but it's just a text from Kia about the video being out. "I wonder want Liv is doing right now, dang I miss her, but Dr. Spears says I need to let her do this on her own."
Spencer texts Jordan "how you holding up? One day at a time like we talked about okay bro! Also, how's everyone else doing?" Jordan replies, "I appreciate that brother! Stuff is crazy here! I'm sure you're only talking about Liv though 😅 so let me fill you in. She's in major trouble after leaking that video. I think she's worse off than Simone and I. Maybe you should text her." Spencer can't believe what he just read, a mixture of pain and disappointment flushes his face and emotions. Spencer replies "I' ll think about it man. Holla at you later.