WE DID IT!

----Liv's Entry----

Tomorrow is it! High school is over! 7 months sober, and 2 months in with my baby. Jordan and all of us will cross the stage into the future. I am so proud of us! We have come along way, from being the social pariah to finding the love of my life, Beverly has truly changed me. I want to do something special for Spencer since he graduates today! He's giving the speech at graduation too! Being proud of him is an understatement, he continues to amaze me!

Little does he know I am going to show him that in another way soon :)

--------------------

The stage is set, everyone is getting ready for Crenshaw's graduation. Mrs. Grace and Dillon are seated in the stands as they look at Spencer down on the field sitting down with his class. Olivia walks up and hugs Grace and Dillon as she sits with them to cheer him on. Jordan, Billy, and Laura are also behind them all smiles as they celebrate Spencer's success.

The announcer states, "and now we will hear a speech from our Salutatorian, and Charger's football champion Spencer James."

Everyone roars and cheers as he walks up to the stage. Spencer begins:

"To the class of 2021, we did it! we conquered long classes, many nights of homework, crazy lab partners, but also, we conquered the stereotypes stacked against us. We rallied around one another when classmates lost loved ones, when rights were violated, man we even came together to keep our school from changing. As the late great Nipsey Hussle said, 'the marathon continues.' Whatever you do next, do it with all your strength or don't do it at all. Remember all the memories of high school, and make new ones at your next stop. Live in the moment, as my girl says "live the truth". ( Liv smiles at the shameless plug) Life is too short to not stop and smell the roses, don't overlook the good times in your life. Whether you choose to go to school, or start working, be you, and remember that it's not about the destination, but the journey. Ma I love you, to my team we did it!! Coach you have been so influential in my life! Let's do this thing Crenshaw we out!"

Everyone cheers and the Crenshaw High class of 21' stands up and cheers as Spencer exits the stage. The announcer says "and now to the graduating class of 21' you may now turn your tassel to the left, congratulations!!!" Mrs. Grace is crying as she see's her first born move his tassel to the left, just a year ago she didn't even know if he would make it, but that fateful shooting only propelled him closer to the future. The ceremony ends and everyone rallies around Spencer to take pictures. Olivia comes up and hugs and kisses his cheek. "You did it baby, you love giving speeches don't you." They both laugh, Spencer says "like I told you before girl, I'm special."

Olivia whispers in his ear "I have a surprise for you." Spencer smirks and says "Alright guys, imma head out, it's been real." They laugh and start to disperse. Coach Baker comes up and gives him a tight hug that speaks of excitement, and happiness. He promised him All American, and that's exactly what he received right along with his high school diploma.

Liv and Spencer head to the car and Spencer gets in the passenger seat. "So where we going bae?" Liv smiles "aht aht, no questions just trust me." Spencer says "we doing one of those, okay."

Olivia hooks up her phone to the aux and puts on Facts by H.E.R. and starts to sing to him:

Come mess with a real oneYou're one in a millionDon't let a lot of people inBut you get admissionAnd I don't let my walls downBut I see us buildin'And you ain't a feelin''Cause that's how I'm feelin'You make me wanna put my phone downWhen we're alone, I wanna zone outBaby, with you, I ain't got no doubtsI'm just tryna to let you know nowFactsYou were the one I was missin'The opposite of fictionAnd that's facts