Chapter 2: Telling the Others

It was now the day my mother and I were going to tell the others who I am. Yesterday my mom and I went shopping and had lunch and dinner together. We had breakfast at the tower and left soon after since mom had set us a hair appointment. After that we decided we'd shop for some clothes before getting onto the important stuff. Before we shopped for my room we decided to get lunch at a small sandwich shop we'd found. We visited a bunch of different stores and got everything I needed for my room. I decided on an indie type vibe. So we got lots of vines, LED lights, plants, vinyl's, tapestries, etc. and we plan to put pictures all over one of the walls. One of Tony's drivers came and took our stuff back to the tower so we could go walk around central park before heading back for dinner. Mom and I decided to just order pizza since we didn't feel like cooking and plus, New York pizza is the best kind of pizza. We fell asleep on the couch watching movies in the living room. This morning I woke up at around noon to mom making smoothies and bacon.

"Hey kiddo, how'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good for sleeping on a couch." I laughed. She smiled and walked over with 2 glasses and a plate of bacon.

"Bon Appétit .. I usually don't have a big breakfast so if you're still hungry there's cereal in the cabinet." she said sitting down next to me.

"Oh no it's fine, I'm the same way.. I usually just have cereal or a granola bar." I grabbed my smoothie from her hand and a few pieces of bacon, "so when is the dinner? Who all is gonna be there?"

"Dinner is at five in the main dining room. And Tony, Steve said he doesn't know if he can make it but he'll try, Clint, Pepper might be there, Thor, and Bruce."

"Okay, does anyone besides Tony already know of me?"

"Yes, Clint. He's like my bestfriend so naturally I told him and he's been there for me ever since."

"What do you want to do until then?"

She thought for a moment before speaking up, "could you show me your powers?" she asked

"Yeah of course!" I said standing up, "I'll start with telekinesis." I looked around the room before deciding on just using a book that was on the kitchen counter for demonstration. I stuck my arm out towards it, focusing on the object moving towards me and within seconds it had flown off the counter and into my hands. My mom started clapping and I looked over to see a small smile on her face. I smiled back and said "next let's do... mind manipulation? I'll have to do it with you if that's okay.. I'll make you see something happy, I promise."

"Yeah that's fine! Does it hurt?"

"No, but you might feel a little tingly," I said, sitting back down beside her. I put my hands near her temples and focused on a happy place... taking her back to when we were in the cottage, leaving out the bad moments. After a minute or two, I slowly pulled her out of it. A smile graced her face and tears brimmed her eyes as she slowly looked over at me.

"Wow. That was truly amazing Karli."

"That side of it was. That's really the only time I've used that for good. Usually they'd make me manipulate someone's mind to see horrible things. The thing about mind manipulation is that I see flashes of what I'm showing people. Another thing about mind manipulation is there's so many capabilities. I can manipulate, modify and control the thoughts, mindsets, and upper brain functions, I have the ability to render others unconscious, suppress their memories, and negate the use of abilities, increase and decrease mental capacity, modify minds to be agreeable, control minds, sway sensations to induce altered perception, bestow and heal mental disorders, create and penetrate mental barriers, etc. It's such a complex art to shove into a little child. But that's not the worst." I said standing up, "come on let's take a trip to the training room." I walked over to the elevator, mom following behind, and pressed the training room floor number.