Chapter 11: Home

A week or so later:

A week later, almost everyone had moved into the new Avengers Compound in Upstate New York. Everything we need in one building. My mom and I still shared a place obviously. Wanda and Pietro's place was just down the hall from us so my best friend and boyfriend weren't too far from me.

"Look! Say hi to Auntie Nat & Kai!" Laura's voice said from my phone as I sat in Wanda's room getting ready with her.

"Fat." I muttered and smiled at the video of Nathaniel Pietro Barton she'd sent me a few minutes ago. Wanda laughed and continued curling her hair. I finished getting ready with enough time to spare for me to go say goodbye to Thor. I ran downstairs and met up with Tony, Steve, and Thor.

"The rules have changed." Steve said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"We're dealing with something new." Tony said

"The Vision is artificial intelligence."

"A machine."

"So, it doesn't count?"

"No, it's not like a person lifting the hammer."

"Right, different rules for us." Steve said, pointing between him and Tony.

"Nice guy. Artificial." Tony said, making me laugh.

"Thank you."

"He can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone. It's safe with the Vision. And these days, safe is in short supply." Thor spoke up.

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator..."

"It would still go up."

"Elevator's not worthy." I laughed and rolled my eyes at their antics.

"I'm gonna miss these little talks of ours." Thor said, putting his hand on Tony's shoulder.

"Not if you don't leave." I said looking at him with puppy dog eyes.

"I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. It's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. And once all these pieces are in position..." He said as walked outside.

"Triple Yahtzee."

"You think you can find out what's coming?" Steve asked.

"I do. Besides this one," Thor said patting Tony's chest, "there's nothing that can't be explained." He gave me a tight hug and I stepped back between Steve and Tony, watching as he took off in a bright burst of color.

"That man has no regard for lawn maintenance." Tony said, glaring at the singed grass before us. "I'm gonna miss him, though. And you're gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears." he said to Steve.

"I will miss you, Tony."

"Yeah? Well, it's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book. Build Pepper a farm, hope nobody blows it up."

"The simple life."

"You'll get there one day."

"I don't know. Family, stability... The guy who wanted all that went in the ice 75 years ago. I think someone else came out."

"You all right?" Tony asked him before turning to me. I engulfed him in a big hug and he hugged back.

"Don't be a stranger." I whispered.

"Never." I stepped back and stood by Steve.

"I'm home." he said and Tony smiled before getting in his car and driving away. We went separate ways as we walked back into the building. I went back to Wanda's room to make sure she's ready before going to stand on the balcony, waiting for everyone else. The doors burst open a few minutes later and Steve and my mom walked in. They looked around as Rhodey opened his helmet, Vision looked up at them, Sam flew in, and Wanda and I floated down from the balcony, Pietro speeding in to stand beside me. I smirked and kissed his cheek, making him blush. I looked up to see my mom looking at me with a knowing smile. I smiled at her as Steve began to talk. 

"Avengers..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thats it for this part ;) ONTO THE NEXT MOVIE :DDDDD