Chapter 10: Sokovia

We were on our way to the tower and anxiety was all I felt. Where the hell was my mom? We were resting at the moment after a long flight at Sam's house. I was sitting in the guest bedroom alone when I got an idea. Maybe, just maybe, I could search for my mom by using my powers. I sat on the floor against the wall and thought extremely hard about my mom. As I was starting to lose hope and give up, I heard a faint rhythm. Thump thump, thump thump. I smiled knowing it had worked and pulled out of my daze. There was a quiet knock on the door and Pietro walked in. My eyes snapped up to meet his and he looked at me with concern.

"You're crying again." He said. I felt my cheek and found it wet with tears.

"I didn't even realize." I said, my voice slightly raspy. He sat down against the side of the bed in front of me and leaned forward, wiping the tears off my face. "Talk to me." He said sitting back.

"She's alive." I said. I told him about what happened. I also said a little bit about my back story. When I finished we sat in a short comfortable silence. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him quietly. He had been staring at me with a small smirk on his face.

"No reason really. You're just really pretty." I blushed a deep red color and looked away. He leaned forward and his finger hooked under my chin, making me look at him. "You're cute when you blush." It was almost as if time slowed down as he leaned closer to me. I met him in the middle and his lips captured mine in a slow, passionate kiss. It felt like fireworks had gone off and my stomach felt full of butterflies. He smiled into the kiss and pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him. I pulled away and looked him in the eye secretly searching his mind for answers. He felt the same way. I rolled off of him as someone knocked at the door. Steve walked in and once he saw us he looked like an overprotective dad with the way he was glaring at Pietro.

"Ready in two. We're leaving in three." He said and walked out. I glanced at Pietro and laughed. We stood up and were about to walk back into the living room when Pietro grabbed my wrist pulling me back to him. I looked up at him as he towered over me. He bent his head towards my lips but paused before he kissed me.

"One more, Princessa." He said and connected our lips. This one was more intimate and fiery. Before he could take it any farther I walked away, leaving him looking like a kicked puppy. I glanced back with a teasing smirk and he shook his head copying my smile. I walked into the living room to find Sam sat on the couch half asleep.

"Sammy!" I yelled and he jumped up looking around only to find me laughing my ass off.

"Rude." he muttered.

"We're leaving in a minute and I had to get you up somehow." I said after I had calmed down some. He smirked and shook his head.

"Alright Sam, Thanks for letting us stop by for some food. We'll talk soon." Steve said, giving Sam a hug and marching out the door.

"I'm coming up this weekend Sammy." I said, giving him a hug. "I've been away from here too long."

"You're damn right. Be safe, kid. Don't be a dumbass."

"Never." I said with a wink. I grabbed Pietro's hand and followed Wanda outside to the car Sam was letting us borrow. Pietro sat up front so Steve could "get to know him better" but I knew he just did it so I couldn't sit beside him. I talked with Wanda the whole way and learned we have quite a bit in common. I think I may have a new best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked into the tower and went up to the lab. We walked quietly towards the voices of Tony and Bruce.

"This framework is not compatible." Tony said.

"The genetic coding tower is at 97%. You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes." Steve walked forward and we followed after him.