1 - A BRAND NEW START

I'm an ex-Passione member. I wasn't anything special, neither was my stand. I wanted out of Passione; I was sick of putting up with the disgusting jobs I was given as a member. I wanted to be able to live a normal life again. I miss being able to wake up and walk the streets without looking over my shoulder every few minutes. Getting out of Passione is nearly impossible. Depending on your rank, you could even get killed trying to get out of there. I decided I was going to try to fake my death and move to America. If I were able to save up enough money and pull off this huge stunt, I'd be free.

Here I am, now living my life in a small town in the South. Moving from Italy to America was quite a shock, but it was a necessary sacrifice. It wasn't easy escaping Passione. I was sure I was going to get caught, but I lived to tell the tale. I'm currently living in a small cabin. It isn't anything special; it's a charming little house. I have a garden full of veggies, fruits, and even some livestock. Another perk of living here is the fact that barely anyone lives out here. If anyone from Passione were to come after me, they are going to have a difficult time trying to find me. I was living a happy life so far. Being able to leave the house without fear is my favorite part.

I was done with my chores for today, so I decided to head to work early. I hopped into an old beat-up truck that I was able to buy. It's not a perfect truck, but it runs. I started the truck and began to drive to work. I rolled my windows down to feel the cool breeze. I could feel my tires bump against the old dirt road. I could feel that today was going to be a good day. The drive to work wasn't too bad. If anything, it's probably my favorite part of living out here. I'm able to drive without worrying about traffic. The scenery is beautiful. The people are nice. What more could I ask for?

I finally pulled into the parking lot of an old market. It was a small store that sold food and farming products. I was a cashier here. I parked my truck, hopped out, and immediately went into work. I greeted the sweet elderly lady who owned the place. She was my only friend in this town. She probably didn't think of me as a friend; to her, I was probably just another worker. To me, she was someone who I was able to talk to every day. I enjoyed helping her. The work wasn't hard; it was quite easy. I stood behind a counter for some part of the day, I stocked items, and I helped the small number of customers that would come in.

My shift eventually came to an end. I usually spent the entire day at the small shop because not many people were there to help. By the time I left, the sun was close to setting. I got into my truck and started to leave. I left my windows down and cruised down back the same bumpy dirt road that I drove on earlier. When I finally arrived home, it was dark. I parked the truck and went inside to cook dinner for myself.

I reheated last night's spaghetti in the microwave and called it a night. Sitting at the small kitchen table in silence, I ate my food. This was probably my least favorite part of the day. I didn't like being alone, especially at night. I miss being able to form relationships with other people. Because of Passione, I don't want to put people in this town at risk. One day, once I know that I'm completely safe, I'll be able to form a normal relationship once again.

Suddenly, I felt a cold hand on my shoulder. I could feel my entire body freeze. I didn't want to turn around because I was scared of what I would see. There's no way that those freaks that work with Passione found me, right? There's no possible way. Then I felt another hand place itself on my other shoulder. A low laugh could be heard behind me.

"My, my! Is this where our little traitor ran off to?" A deep voice hummed behind me. Their face was close to my head. I could feel their warm breath against my neck. Feeling it made the hair on my neck stand up. How did they find me? I was so scared. It's not like I could fight back since I had a weak stand. The figure behind me slowly put its hands around my neck.

"What the hell do you want from me?" I spat, trying not to let the fear in my voice shine through. The figure let out another laugh; this time it was much more sinister. It petrified me. They turned my chair around so I could see their face. It was Cioccolata. Cioccolata was one of the scariest stand users that I've ever heard of. Even the rumors that were spread about him were enough to make you scared. My mouth hung wide open. My eyes open wide from fear. I could feel tears prickling from the corners of my eyes.

"I want you because you're a traitor. Did you really think that little stunt you pulled could fool the boss? Don't make me laugh." Ciocolotta retorted with a huge grin on his face. His pupils were dilated. Cioccolata's big green eyes stared down at me. There wasn't a single thought behind those eyes except for ways he was thinking of killing me. What made me even more horrified was that if Cioccolata was here, then that means his partner, Secco, would be here as well. Cioccolata backed his face away from mine and waved his hand in the air. A man then crawled out from underneath my kitchen table grabbed my legs. I tried kicking and hitting but he held on tight. There he is. Secco.

"Thank you for finally joining us, Secco!" Cioccolata cheered as his companion held onto my legs tightly. Cioccolata then grabbed me by my torso. I began to kick and scream. Screaming for anyone and everyone to hear me. No one except the two with me could hear me. No one was close enough to hear my cries for help. I tried summoning my stand, but there was no use. They held on tightly as they tied my limbs together, covering my eyes with an old rag, and duct-taped my mouth shut. As soon as they were finished, I could feel myself being lifted and carried outside. I was scared. I tried to struggle as much as I could, but I still couldn't shake these guys off of me. I could hear one of them opening a trunk. Then I felt the rough floor of the trunk as I hit against it. I winced as they slammed the vehicle's trunk door. Then I heard two doors open and close. The vehicle began to move in a matter of minutes. I didn't know where I was going, but I could feel the bumps of the same bumpy road I drove to work on every day. I closed my eyes tightly as I rolled around the back of the trunk.

I could feel myself dosing off. I decided to let myself rest because there was no way I was able to get out of this situation now. As I dosing off, I could hear Cioccolata cooing to Secco about how good he was. Secco was enjoying every second of it. The only few things that were on my mind as I dosed off to nothingness were about the elderly woman who owned the shop and how the hell I'm going to be able to get out of here.