3 - PLANS TO ESCAPE

I woke up groggily. The operation table grew warm from the bright light that shone down upon my body. I could barely see from the light. I could feel sweat dripping down my body from the heat. The clothes that I was wearing when I came here were gone; I was wearing a blue hospital gown. It felt like my body had blood-stained bandages wrapped around my torso underneath the gown. I tried tilting my head sideways and was immediately met with dizziness. I tried to pry myself free from the table, desperate to escape. Suddenly I started to feel the unbearable pain shoot from various points in my body. I winced in pain. It was probably some of the worst pain that I've ever experienced. How dare that monster to lay his hands on me like this. I'll make him pay one day. I'll make him feel the exact pain that I'm feeling right now.

     I could hear the door on the top of the stairs let out a loud squeak. The sound of footsteps slowly making its way towards me. My breathing began to hitch. Fear rushed through my entire body. My body started to shake. My heart beating out of my chest. Don't you dare touch me! I'll kill you once I'm out of this bed.

     Secco hopped closer towards me. He was on all fours until he stood up to look over me. We both made eye contact for a short moment then he immediately ran back up the stairs. He slammed the door behind him. I flinched at the noise. I was trying to tilt my head forward to get a peek at where he was going, but it was no use. Not even seconds later, I could hear Cioccolata and Secco both making their way towards the basement. The door opened, and the two of them made their way down to me.

     Cioccolata was grinning from ear to ear. I could hear his giggles from where I was lying. Cioccolata towered over me, staring down at me. I started to tug and pull at the leather straps that were holding me captive as hard as I could. I tried my best to ignore the excruciating pain that shot out every time I made a move. Tears started to form in the corners of my eyes; I tried holding them in, so I didn't give him the satisfaction of making me cry. Secco popped up on the other side of me and loomed over me with a camera.

     "Make sure to get their expressions; I want to be able to see the misery on their face," Cioccolata ordered, delighted. Secco made some sort of noise in response while shaking his head up and down. I hated these men more than anyone I've hated in my entire life. I hated how smug they were. I couldn't wait to rub it in their faces once I'm free. I don't know how or what I'm going to do, but I will make them sorry they ever met me.

     "How lovely," Cioccolata sighed. He then lifted my gown, poking at the bandages. I started to wriggle in pain. I could hear the mad man laughing while inspecting the wounds he inflicted on me. Humming to himself in pleasure, he started to change my bandages. Why isn't he doing anything? If he's going to hurt me, I wish he would just get it over with.

     "What are you doing?" I asked, trembling, trying not to let my fear shine through. I don't think I was trying hard enough because Cioccolata could tell I was scared because of the shaking of my body.

     "I'm merely checking on your wounds. It's been about a week since you first arrived here, y'know, " Cioccolata remarked. Has it really been a week? I've been unconscious for that long? Oh God, I'm never going to get out of here.

     "That can't possibly be true-" I tried exclaiming before being cut off.

     "Believe whatever you like. I have no reason to lie about the amount of time you've been here." Cioccolata smiled as he started to clean the wounds. I thought this guy was supposed to be slowly killing me? Why is he cleaning my wounds?