6 - THE AFTERMATH

I could feel my eyes open slowly. I tried to move my body, but it felt heavy. The groggy feeling slowly began to sink in. My vision was blurry and it kept going in and out at times. I looked at my body from the angle I was resting my head at. There were some tubes attached to my body with an IV sitting right next to my bed. From the looks of it, my left leg and right arm are broken. They were fixed inside of a thick white cast. Maybe this is the reason why my body felt so heavy. I guess I can't try to escape any time soon.
I was moved to a different room. The room I was in was a small one. There wasn't much furniture in the room except for the twin-sized bed I lay upon. The bed had a white sheet fitted over the sides and a blanket folded neatly at the end of the bed near my feet. It had a small window with black curtains drawn shut. The sun was something I was surprised I found to miss. The warmth of the sun, the slight breezes of the wind. Just the thought of going outside drove me crazy. I didn't even know what time of day it was, or if it was even day at all. I'd do anything just to go back to my normal life.
The sound of footsteps came running from outside my room. From what it sounded like, it sounded like whoever it was was running upstairs.
Secco hastily opened the door and came inside. The odd thing about him was the clothing he was wearing. They were...regular clothes. He had on a T-shirt and sweatpants. His hair was also down. Secco had light turquoise-colored hair that landed right below his shoulders.
Secco made his way over to me, looking me over. I stared at him in his big soul-gripping eyes. I couldn't read the emotions on his face. It was completely blank, he just stared at me with those big doe eyes. Finally, he made a move and bolted towards the door and back down the stairs while slamming the door behind him. I could hear him shouting Cioccolata's name as he ran. What the hell? I don't understand what his reasons were for doing that, but I guess he was checking on me. I don't know why though, I'm unable to move one of my arms and one of my legs. Guess they can't be too easygoing.
The door began to creak open again. Cioccolata slowly stepped inside with a notepad and pen in his hands. Secco followed closely behind him with a bag held in his hands.
Cioccolata's attire was completely different from when I last saw him. It was very casual, he wasn't wearing his makeup higher. I guess even those in the mafia need days off sometimes too.
Cioccolata pulled a chair from the small table that sat in the far corner of the room and sat next to me. Secco was squatting right next to him with the bag still in hand.
Cioccolata clicked the pen and began to talk, "Nice to know you're awake, sleep well?" he asked, smiling. I couldn't tell if he was trying to mock me or not.
I decided if I didn't want to die, I would have to play nice, "I guess, but how long have I been here?" I asked him. He was writing something down on the notepad while humming lightly.
"Well, it's been about three weeks since your little punishment," he replied. Three weeks? I've been unconscious that long? I guess that explains the tubes.
"Oh..."  I responded in a low tone. We all sat in silence for a few seconds while Cioccolata scribbled down a few words.
      The visit carried on with Cioccolata asking me about my injuries and how I felt. I didn't understand why he was asking, but I answered honestly to all of his questions. My leg and arm were fine according to him. Then Secco handed Cioccolata his bag and he began to give me a check-up. He pulled out a stethoscope to listen to my heart beat. I could feel his cold hands brush against me.
     "Breathe in and out." Cioccolata instructed. I did as I was told and took a breathe in and out. Cioccolata finished and wrote down something on the notepad.
     Eventually, he finished with the checkup. He told me I was mostly healthy, but I needed to eat healthier. Maybe I would if I wasn't trapped in this house with both my arm and leg broken. 
     Cioccolata began to pack his things with Secco waiting patiently beside him. I wondered if they were going to allow me to stay in this room or if they were going to lock me inside the basement again.
     "Um, Cioccolata," I started. He hummed in acknowledgment. Secco looked up at me.
      "Am I going to stay in this room or am I going to be moved back into the basement?" I asked. The two of them looked at each other then back at me.
     "That all depends on your behavior. Try and escape and your arm and leg isn't going to be the only thing that's broken." Cioccolata responded before leaving the room. I hated that man more than anyone I've ever hated in my life; I hated his stupid smug responses to anything I say.
     Secco lingered around for a few moments. He stood in front of me, "You might wanna listen to Cioccolata," he says as he leaves the room. I really am trapped here.