Case Conception

Prompt: Spencer sees Reader make their first arrest.

A/N: This was written as part of a fic swap for my friend Gabriella! I wrote it with her in mind using a prompt and some tropes she liked! It marks my first one-shot and my first fic swap! Instead of having Reader make her first arrest, I'm slightly changing the prompt so it's the first time Spencer has seen Reader make an arrest because it fits better with the background of my story! I hope you all enjoy!

Summary: Spencer sees Fem!Reader make an arrest for the first time. When she complimented on it from a little too friendly sheriff, Spencer reminds her that she's his.

Warnings: Possessive!Spencer, impregnation/breeding kink, marking, cockwarming (post-sex), unprotected sex/penetration, creampie, fingering, established relationship, case about kidnapping and murder (not detailed)

Word Count: 5.5k

----------------------------------------

The thing about being a woman in the BAU meant that I often felt like I had to prove my worth to outsiders. It meant that I was always second guessed about if I had truly earned my place on the team.

After a while, I got used to it. But that didn't make it any less aggravating each time an unsub, a local sheriff, a reporter, or quite frankly anyone else who looked at me with the vest on or a gun in my holster and assumed I was less of a threat because I wasn't as muscular as my male teammates. Worse yet, sometimes they questioned my skills as an agent because I didn't seem as intimidating.

I'd seen it all the time. For example, I saw it in the way I sat across from suspects in a starkly lit interrogation room. My questions were routinely dodged for comments about my looks or beauty. I'd be asked if I found it hard to meet partners while working the hours that I did, or whether or not I was single. They always came in crude form, and my reaction was always the same - a tired and bored expression.

JJ and Emily knew it well, too. We often shared looks whenever these types of scenarios arose. Our roles as agents were constantly undermined by our appearances, however that wasn't to say that our jobs were all bad.

The truth was, I could be quite intimidating when I needed to be. It was just that one person rarely got to see it, and that person was my boyfriend, Spencer. Because we were in a relationship, Hotch rarely had us in the same place at the same time in the field when there was risk involved. It was for both our benefits, so that neither one of us made a rash or stupid decision to protect the other at the cost of team's integrity.

All of that was put aside for today though. We were working a case where the unsub had been kidnapping women, keeping them for a short window of time, and then killing them when he was ready for someone new. Spencer and I were currently questioning the parents of one of the latest missing women, Lauren Parker, looking for anything that might lead us to her location. It just happened to be that Hotch paired us up. There wasn't imminent danger when questioning the family, and Spencer and I worked well together, so Hotch put us together to gather more information about Lauren.

We still had a chance at finding her alive, it was just a matter of picking out the right clues so that we could find her in time.

Luckily enough, the visit was cut short with good news when I got a phone call from Hotch. The unsub's vehicle was spotted heading south less than 10 miles from our location, and with the rest of the team divided up between the dump site and local police station, we were the closest. We made a hasty exit, quickly excusing ourselves much to the anxiety of the parents and scrambled into the SUV without much of an explanation. As soon as the car was in gear, Garcia phoned.