+𝖢𝖠𝖪𝖤 𝖣𝖠𝖳𝖤+

𝗦𝗘𝗧 𝗜𝗡 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗘𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥 2010

THERE WAS NO QUIET IN A DORM. It was something Sarang was trying to get used to, the constant conversation. She could not chat for hours, at least not anymore. Silence used to be her worst enemy, she fought it, tried her hardest to squash it but now she welcomed it.

Pulling her knees up to her chest Sarang stared intently at the boys' recording studio. It was messier than the one she was used to, the slight scent of must was hard to miss, and she tried her hardest to ignore the half-naked women who took up residence as the computers screen saver. She wasn't one to spend her time in the boys' side of the company but it was late and she needed some quiet.

For hours she sat on the small sofa staring around the room, finding small details she could fixate on for another 20 minutes. Her eyes landed on the dingy keyboard that was balanced poorly between the desk and a self. Thinking back she recalled Yoongi whose eyes lit up when he talked about playing and she wondered if it was his. The two had gotten close, enough to call themselves friends. They talked late, behind the company, or at the corner store hidden away from staff members who'd reprimand them and told the pair to separate.

"Sarang?"

Her head snapped to the door, eyes landing on the boy who was currently occupying her thoughts. "Yoongi! Hey."

"What are you doing in here?"

"I just needed some quiet to think. I can go if you wa-"

"No!" His hands shot out in front of him, eyes widening in protest. "I mean you don't have to."

Sarang smiled thankfully, her gaze shifted to the brown bag in his hand. "What's in the bag?"

Yoongi smirked, walking the short distance towards the desk chair before taking a seat and pulling the bag onto his lap. "Birthday cake."

"Whose birthday is it?"

"Don't know, some staff members I stole a couple of pieces to give to the boys."

Sarang gasped grabbing the bag out of his hands and looking into it. "Yoongi you can't just steal someone's birthday cake!"

Laughing loudly he made a grab for the cake, "It's like three pieces they won't miss it!"

Standing up Sarang placed her hands on her hips, "You know I'm going to have to turn you in, I'm not in the business of harboring criminals. Unless?"

Yoongi shook his head laughter calming down into a giggle. "Unless what?"

"In exchange for my silence, you have to give me one whole slice of cake. No more no less!"

With a playful roll of his eyes, he reached into the bag pulling out one container of sliced cake, and handed it to her. "Here! Take your stupid cake."

The pair talked as they ate, mouths half full and eyes crinkled in laughter. Eventually, Yoongi made his way onto the couch; sitting cross-legged staring across at each other. He told her about the new trainee that was being added to his group's lineup, his worries about the concept and where it was going, how his parents wouldn't talk to him for longer than 10 minutes. She admitted that she was having doubts about going through with debuting. They listened intently to each other, adding comments when they felt right, humming softly when there was a bit too much cake in their mouths.

Sarang laughed softly at Yoongi's complaints about the boy's dormitory and their mosquito problem. She opened her mouth to offer her services, tell him the twenty different ways her mother taught her how to deal with the pesky bugs but she stopped the minute she felt his hand pushing her hair back. Sitting perfectly still Sarang inhaled deeply as his hand brushed by the top of her lip, cold fingers taking a bit of cake frosting with them when he pulled away.

"You uh- had some icing on your lip."

"Thanks." She smiled softly at him, eyeing the way he was starting to lean closer to her. Sneaking her cake box to the side she tried to close the gap between them, eyes fluttering shut.

"Hyung!"

The sudden shout broke the pair apart, Sarang jumping away to the other side of the couch. In the doorway stood Kim Namjoon, a trainee she'd heard Yoongi compliment a few times. His eyes shifted back and forth between the two before finding purchase on Yoongi, who was glaring hard at the younger boy.

"Well, I'll just get going." Sarang stood up awkwardly causing both boys to look at her.

Yoongi stood as well smiling sheepishly, "I'll talk to you later?"

"Definitely."

Walking forward Sarang nodded politely at Namjoon who held a hint of judgment in his expression. She picked up her pace not appreciating the glare she was getting, halfway out the door there was a tug on her arm stopping her.

Yoongi stood behind her eyes soft and smile small, holding out her half-eaten cake he raised an eyebrow signaling for her to grab it. "For later?"

Taking it thankfully Sarang left the room grinning widely, a slight tinge to her cheeks, and a heartbeat going a mile a minute.

+𝗦𝗼 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴😁+

+𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗶 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺💜+