+𝖸𝖴𝖫𝖤 𝖳𝖨𝖣𝖤+

𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟯𝗿𝗱, 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟮

𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟯𝗿𝗱, 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟮

SNOW COVERED SEOUL. Nine inches deep and unmoving providing the perfect excuse for Yoongi to avoid the train ride back home. It wouldn't be the first Christmas he'd spend locked away; finding company in the beats that travelled through his headphones. The rest of the boys would be arriving at their respective destinations, sharing light smiles and warm hugs with their families, savoring the rare act of kindness from the company.

Eyes growing tired and stomach aching from hunger Yoongi decided he'd need a break, and there was a very cold slice of pizza calling his name at the dorm. The trek back was calming, trying to keep his thought's focused on the song he was working on and not the way his fingertips were growing numb from the cold. Upon entering the dorm he hadn't sensed anything out of the ordinary save for a few less pairs of shoes by the door and the absence of loud voices echoing in through the small home.

Sarang had been surprised to hear the front door click open and she had been even more surprised to see Yoongi trudging into the kitchen swiping snow off his jacket. Having been promised some solstice in an empty dorm by Hoseok she was less than thrilled to lock eyes with one of the causes of her many problems.

"Sarang?"

His voice pierced through her mind pulling her out of her thoughts. He looked warm bundled up in a sweatshirt that was much too baggy for his frame, beanie sitting nicely on top his head. His eyes darted swiftly between Sarang and the empty pizza box she'd left open on the dining table.

"I..uh..I ate your pizza." Guilt ripped through her, moving quickly she turned away from him and towards the box. Closing it harshly before finding her purse. "I'll pay you back for it, I swear I was just starving and I thought you went home."

"Sarang." Hands finding hers, Yoongi slowly took her purse out of her grasp setting it gently on the table. Moving his grip upward to her shoulders he let out a light chuckle. "You don't need to pay me back, it's ok."

As much as he'd been looking forward to his day old slightly frozen pizza, Sarang looked to disheartened to be angry at. Hair disheveled and eyes glossy it was clear she'd been having a rough day.

"Are you ok?"

With a shaky sigh Sarang sank down into one of the dining chairs, silently inviting Yoongi to do the same. "I told my parents the company wouldn't give us time off."

"You lied to them?"

"I just-couldn't go home. I just wanted to be alone. But my mom got so upset she called the company and demanded to know why we had to work on Christmas and they told her the truth and now she's pissed at me." Sniffling, she brought her head to her hands, "if I had went home there would've been so many questions about how things are going here and when we'll debut and I guess I'd rather not deal with it."

Sensing that she was done explaining and that she was not looking for his opinion on the topic Yoongi turned his attention to the small plastic bag that sat in front of him.

Opening it ever so slightly he peered in, "what's this?"

"It's stuff to make sugar cookies."

"Sugar cookies?"

Finally lifting her head from her hands Sarang tilted the bag slightly to reveal the full contents of the bag. "Every year during the first snow my parents would drag my sister and I into the kitchen and we'd spend hours making dozens of sugar cookies to put in tins to give out. We'd save the worst batch for ourselves and go outside and let snow fall onto them. I don't even know why I bought it."

Sarang moved to grab her purse ready to get back to her bed. Lightly grabbing her wrist Yoongi stared at her in confusion. "Where are going?"

"Home. Where else."

Wordlessly Yoongi grabbed the bag making his way to the counter. "You have to teach me how to make sugar cookies."

"You're kidding right?"

"No. Now hurry up, the snow might stop before we finish."

A bit baffled Sarang stood up a small smile making its way onto her face. Slowly she began to take the ingredients out of the bag instructing Yoongi when needed. By the time the cookies were finished, placed delicately on a plate frosted with blue and white icing the pair had fallen into their usual habits; joking loudly and laughing about how more of the icing had landed on their clothes the the cookies.

"So we just stand out there with the cookie tin?"

"You're supposed to let them get coated. My mom used to tell us it was so that it was the only way we could harness Christmas magic...but I'm pretty sure it was just her way of cooling down the cookies cause we were to impatient to wait."

Yoongi smiled softly, "that's sweet."

"We don't have to that. We can just wait to eat them."

Scoffing he tugged the cookie tin out of her hands, haphazardly throwing on a coat and some shoes. "Are you kidding! This sounds like the best part."

Under the fall of snow they stood laughing at each other while they tried to catch snowflakes on their tongues, cookies tucked away on the doorstep after they were deemed well dusted by Sarang. Tugging on her coat sleeve Yoongi turned Sarang towards him reaching up slowly to swipe a bit of icing that had found its way on the corner of her lip.

"You-uh had a bit of icing." Watching as her checks got red he remembered how close he'd been to kissing her a few years ago when they'd eaten that stolen cake. He took in how much darker her hair looked now and how her eyes were a bit teary from the cold. He leaned forward ever so slightly stumbling a bit when Sarang stepped back.

Coughing awkwardly Sarang flipped her hood up, "I should get going."

"You could stay."

"Yoongi.."

"No one's here we can just hang out."

Shifting her weight sarang sighed, "you know it's not a good idea."

"Right." Scoffing he gave up, "just let me walk you to your dorm." Taking a step back he went to grab the cookie tin handing it to her. "Here."

"No you should keep it...they're supposed to be gifts anyway."

Tucking it close to himself Yoongi mustered up a thankful smile, he started the walk down to Sarangs dorm; Making sure she was walking next to him before speeding up.