Deus Ex Machina - part I

A few days passed and we were still trying to find a way to get to Lilith. We couldn't just show up there, we had to have a reason. Suddenly it felt like an earthquake, but Hell doesn't have them, so this must be something else. We made our way to the Great Hall of Pandemonium and saw the Greendale entering sign. Thank you, Sabrina! Her mess has given us an opportunity to go to the Academy.

"This is a declaration of war. The witches have turned to Hecate."
"I am sure that is not the case, Beelzebub. Maybe I should go to the mortal realm and check in on everyone."
"No. I have a better idea."
"Fine, but we need both of Sabrina's there."
"And we shall have them."

****

"Calisa! What are you doing here? What are you both doing here? Why have you brought them here Sabrina."
"Aunt Zelda, how lovely it is to see you."
"Do not play games..."
"I stopped playing games a long time ago! Now, something is happening, and that something looks like a merging of Hell and Earth. And no, it is not my fault. The fault is more likely to be Sabrina's in this case."
"And why..."
"Aunt Zelda? There is something I need to tell you, but we should probably call aunt Hilda first." - the other Sabrina came in
"And that is why. I, we, don't need your drama, so we'll just wait outside."

****

"AMBROSE SPELLMAN you come here this instant!" - we heard Zelda yell
"That is not going to end well."
"No, it is not."

"Calisa?"
"Prudence!"
"We need to have a long talk session, but not now. I have to deal with Blackwood first."
"O-ok."
"That was..." - Lucifer started
"That was Prudence being Prudence."
"Hecate."
"What?"
"Why did they choose Hecate?"
"I don't know, and frankly I don't care. Shouldn't you go and deal with that problem."
"Oh, right."

Why are all the people I know weird, or idiots, or both? Doesn't matter. I just want to finish this and return home. It still feels weird calling Hell home, but it is what it is. Zelda called for us, but only I showed up in her office.

"Where is Lucifer?"
"I don't know."
"Well you are his wife, so..." - one of the Sabrina's said and everyone looked at me, besides Sabrina's only Ambrose knew. He knew before everyone.

"What?"
"You didn't tell us." - Zelda said
"It is not your business so I didn't see a need to tell you."
"Ambrose, why aren't you surprised?" - Sabrina asked
"Oh, I knew that for some time now..."
"And didn't tell us?" - Zelda said
"It's her life, her choice, not my place to share the news."

At that moment Lucifer entered.

"So, now that we are all here and we all calmed down. We know the problem. The existence of two Sabrina's has caused a..."
"A paradox" - Ambrose interrupted and Zelda gave him a warning look
"...catastrophic anomaly forcing our realms to crash into each other. But why?"
"Don't you see? Chaos begets chaos. A chain reaction has begun that won't stop until the realms are wholly crashing into each other."
"What if we killed a Sabrina?"
"Father..."
"If one of us did die, would that fix things?"
"Not necessarily. The mortal and the infernal realms are attracting each other. It wouldn't be enough to just stop them. We need to push them away from each other. "
"I've got a crazy idea" - and here comes the narcissist
"Mr. Scratch, how long have you been lurking there?"
"Long enough to tell you that no one's killing any Sabrina. When two magnets are close to each other, they will either attract or repel. Both realms have their magnetic fields, if we reverse their polarities, maybe they'd repel each other. But how do we do that?"
"We switch the energies of the realms. One of Sabrina's and the aunties will go to Hell, while the other Sabrina, Lucifer, and I stay here."

"Summon your opposing energies"

- We call upon you,
Maiden, Mother, and Crone,
Imbue your dark power,
Into this infernal throne -

- We call upon Hell
And its most unholy hordes.
I gift this realm my power,
The darkest of the dark lords.-

- Tenebris potentia nobis-

"STOP. Stop the invocation immediately! We must regroup and think of something else."
"Is it raining? Sounds like it's pouring cats and dogs."
"That is not rain, Hilda. That's hail. Perfect. Now it's hailing."
"It's not hail, Directrix Spellman. Behold." - Melvin came in
"Those are pearls. It's raining pearls" - Ambrose said
"How can that be?"

I shared a concerned look with Lucifer. We knew exactly what is about to happen.

"The Pearly gates. Merciful Merlin! Heaven, the celestial realm, is being dragged into this mess and falling on top of us."
"Which means that the False God will be sticking his nose into our affairs sooner rather than late. I despise when he does that."

I let out a small chuckle and was about to say something, but...

"And yet all you do is give him cause, bringer of light."
"And, uh, who... who might you be, friend? An eldritch terror, perhaps?"
"No. They are an angel of the highest celestial order as close to the False God as I once was."
"I am Metatron, born Enoch. I represent order. There is an unprecedented amount of chaos in this cosmos. Left to your own devices, there would only be more. So I come to you with a solution, a method to restore order. For the cosmos to survive, one Sabrina must die. They both contain the same number of molecules. Choose one."