Tears

I left and packed my stuff and I thought for some minutes and finally decided to take her stuff with me.
I want her legacy to remain with me.

Then I left,leaving dad alone.

I was going to the only place I felt safe,I went to Yukio's house.
He lived alone now and I know he will let me stay there.

I knocked on the door and he came.

"Its 3 am what the hell you're doing here?" I just hugged him.

"Please.. let me stay here. I promise I will tell you everything I've been keeping from you."

"Okay,let's get you inside."

We went inside his house,then we sat down and I told him everything.
He was surprised, but he didn't laugh in my face telling me I was crazy. He believed me.

"Your story seams familiar with me. I think I've read it somewhere.."

"What do you mean?" Did I ever mention this? Yukio is the Sportive Bookworm.

"I have a book here called 'Living 1000 lives' by [...], published in 1965. The author was only 15 years old and her father published her journal where she wrote her fantasies." He paused.

"But I think she is one of Eva's past lives,who remembered everything and she wrote every dream filled with her memories like a fantasy book."

"What happened to the author?"

"She died due to an illness. Its written here."

"Oh... so I guess after she died at 16 then Eva was born and then this cycle stopped here." He suddenly looked at me.

"Stopped here? What do you mean?"

"I told you,she became an Asteria tasked to find me. When she found me, she didn't fulfill her mission and the rest is history." It hurts remembering this.

"The story of Aster and Nova ends here,huh? It's sad I know, I am the 'reader' and it hurts, but for you as a character hurts more." The way he said it,so poetic.

After we talked more,we went to sleep.
When we woke up in the morning or afternoon we went to try to find more informations about Eva and the author.
We didn't find much,just that the author lived 429 km away from our city and that she had a severe respiratory illness.

We..I started to get more and more cold towards Yukio. Poor guy,I went to him for help and now.

After some weeks I started getting dreams about her,my mind was messing with me and my heart was broken.

One night I went outside, the beautiful view of the stars nicely arranged on the sky calmed me but in the same time reminded me of her.

"What are you doing,Mako? Its midnight. C'mon, let's go inside."

"Maybe she's still there,what if she waits for me?"

"Mako.. you know the truth. She's not coming back." The way he said it,I snapped at him.

"Look,I know! I know and this breaks me! I just want to see her again,drown in Her Lilac Eyes again. I want her.."

"I know,Mako.. this wound will heal but in time. Let's go,I dont want you to get sick." He truly cares about me. A friend for life.

"This will hurt for life.. and I don't want to carry this.. I'm sorry Yukio."

"Mako? You dont mean that..." his voice began to loosen up.

"I'm just sorry. Thank your for helping me." Thanks best friend.

"Mako! What did she told you? She told you to live!" "Live and grab the future in front of you." her words echoed.

"I don't want a life without her! She's everything to me!"

"What are you going to do? Huh? She sacrificed herself for you. She broke the rules for you. She had given her life,her existence for you! Are you going to make her sacrifice in vain?! If you do that,you're selfish!"
She did everything for me.. and I.. did nothing for her.

"Maybe I am."

"She didn't raise you like that! She was your mother! Your first friend! Your love!" You're right.

"I know that,Yukio.. "

Tears.. tears were falling from his eyes.

"She asked me to take care of you but how can I do that when you're so stubborn?! Just do what I say once in your life!" He just shouted at me.

"She asked you..? How?" She's still here?

"I found a letter before you came to me.. in that letter she asked me to take care of you." She thought of this before.. everything was planned.

"Here. Read it. Every word is her's. This isn't my writing."

"Hello,Yukio. Please dont be scared when you find this,there isn't anyone in your house.
My name is Eva or Evalin. I'm Mako's friend. He will tell you the details later,but please. I know you care about him, I wont be in this world anymore but take care of him in my place. He will be broken but I know you can cheer him up and help him get over this. Dont do this for me. Do this for Mako."

After I read this,I just cried. He came and hugged me.
"You idiot. You scared me. Dont ever do this again. Dont do this for me,do this for her."

"Okay.."

Slowly I began to recover. My heart was still aching every time I heard her name or see something she would like,but my world began to regain its colors.

Is this the end? I don't know yet.

After I finished school,I began to work at a company with Yukio.
We were inseparable. Like two water drops on a leaf.
He was the one driving,we were coming home but something wasn't right.

Two lights were dancing on the road and before I knew it,they were in front of us.

The last thing I saw was the blinding lights and the last things I heard were a loud crash and Yukio's scream.

Is this the end?