Chapter 3

"Oh my god

"Oh my god..." my jaw dropped as I stare at Jackson's lifeless body on the ground.

Did Xander just knock him out with one punch?

"Y-you just-"

"Shh, let's get out of here," Xander walks over to me and grabs my hand. I quickly shook my head and look up at him.

"No! We can't leave him like this!"

"Are you fucking serious? This man was groping you!" he spat out clenching his jaw.

I knew Xander was trouble the moment we became friends. After seeing him for years I've come to really miss his presence, even when he gets us in all sorts of trouble.

"I need to make sure he's alive!" I spat back, removing his hand from mine. I kneel down to Jackson's level and pressed two fingers on his neck. Oh thank God.

"Jackson, please wake up," I shook his shoulders repeatedly. Fuck, I wasn't expecting this at all.

"Bella, you know this guy?" Xander asks, kneeling down beside me. What if Jackson never wakes up? How did he blackout so fast?

Thoughts flooded through my head. Jackson may have not been the best boyfriend but he was still my first. We still had so many beautiful memories together, well before he started acting all violent and different towards me.

Should I tell Xander Jackson's really my boyfriend?

"Bella..." Xander sighs.

"Yes, we go to high school together," I mutter and stood up, pulling out my phone from my back pocket. I should call Jackson's brother.

"That's it?" he raises his eyebrows in suspicion. Really Xander?

"Yes! It doesn't matter. You didn't have to knock him out," I turn to him, looking up to see his gorgeous face.

No, your boyfriend is laying lifeless on the fucking ground.

Xander's really tall, the last time I saw him he wasn't much taller than me. But that was years ago. Now he towers over my small frame like a giant.

"Fuck Isabel, that boy was touching you!" he shouted. 24 hours in and we're already arguing.

"Just leave and go back to Zack, he's probably wondering where you are," I plead. I need Xander to leave before I ring Jackson's brother.

Anger was clearly evident on his face. His stares could literally kill anyone in a second.

"Please," I say softly hoping he'll leave.

He didn't say anything else as he turned around making his way back to the cafe. I look around to make sure no one was around and thankfully the small parking lot was empty. I turn my attention back to my phone and dial Jackson's brother.