Chapter 6

I'd be completely lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to seeing Isabel again after all these years

I couldn't wait to leave Australia to come back home where everything started. To see the one person that always made me laugh because of her adorableness.

Fuck. When I saw her for the first time today after so long my breathe got taken away. She stood there confused as ever, her brows furrowed as she stared into my eyes.

But damn did I miss those beautiful chocolate orbs. 

She looked so different, so grown up. Her hair was much longer and she seemed to be less skinny. It didn't matter to me though, to my eyes she was so goddamn perfect. I feel like a complete fool right now.

I came back only to find out about Isabel's boyfriend. If you can even call him that. The moment the word 'boyfriend' left her lips, anger rose inside of me.

That was the last thing I expected to happen. Even when we were kids I'd scare other boys away from Isabel, just so I could have all her attention.

I'm a selfish prick I know.

Isabel is someone very special to me. Six whole years and not a day went by where I didn't think of her. I knew I fucked up the day I started declining her calls and cut all contact with her. Now she finds a way to avoid my eyes every time I look at her. She fucking hates me

It was a very hard period of time for me, I just found out I was having a little brother and a new dad.

My mother never needed a man in her life, she's a hardworking independent woman who made sure her kid had everything.

Maybe I was being selfish again but moving to Australia broke me. She moved us to another country for a man and didn't think twice about what I had here.

That's what crushed me. I lost Everything. Most importantly Isabel.

"Come on dude, we take you to a club and you're sitting there daydreaming?" Blake scoffs. I look up and see my friends surrounding me with disapproving looks.

The only person I stayed in contact with through the years was Blake. We went to school together and I considered him as my best friend. But Isabel took first place of course.

"Drinks!!" Ryder walks toward us with a waiter behind him. "I can't get drunk tonight man, I-"

"Xander, loosen up," Chris shakes his head and slapped my arm. "I'm not drinking," I sneer.

"Whatever, you used to be more fun when we were kids. What happened?" Ryder questions, taking a seat next to me.

Maybe I just don't want to go back home drunk, smartass.

"Isabel happened," Blake teases while chuckling. "Isabel Davis?"Chris asks with wide eyes.

"He's had a crush on her since they were kids, it was so obvious. How didn't you know?" Ryder laughs.

Fuck it.

I lean over the table and grab a glass of scotch, chugging it until every drop is gone. Might as well if we're going to keep this conversation going.

"AHAHAH he's bitching over a childhood crush? Damn dude," Chris smirks taking a glass for himself as well.

"I'm not bitching over her," I hiss. 

"Whatever you say man," Ryder pats my shoulder. I groan and leaned behind the soft couch. "This was a mistake," I say.

"Isn't she dating that dipshit Jackson?" Chris raises his eyebrows. I groan even louder after hearing his name. God, I hate that boy.

"Loverboy's got it bad," Blake chuckles. "We're just friends," I say, mostly reminding myself.

"Mhm yeah," Ryder nods his head looking in my direction. I shot him a glare before grabbing another glass, gulping it immediately.

"I don't understand why she's even with that guy, I've seen him with multiple girls almost at every party. Poor girl probably doesn't even know," Chris mumbles the last sentence.

"What?" I question in shock. Now, I knew Jackson was a dick but I didn't think he'd cheat on Isabel. I mean how could he? She's every guys' dream. I'm going to kill him.

Anger slowly built up in me as I chug down another glass. "Can't even stand his little friends," Ryder groans. 

"What do you mean you've seen him with multiple girls? Is that bastard cheating on her?" I growled, demanding an answer.

"Woah calm down, we don't know that for sure but you should know he has a bad record," Blake says.

"I don't know what she sees in him," I mutter.

"Well, definitely something she doesn't see in you," Chris grins playfully.

"Not now Chris," Blake hisses.

I don't know if it's the alcohol or just my anger but I really feel like smashing this glass on Chris. "Sorry, Isabel's attractive for sure though," Chris adds, holding his hands up in surrender.

"Keep her name out of your mouth," I say, growling at him. I felt myself boiling in anger. Some friend he is.

Everyone fell silent as I stood up. I exit the club and pull out a cigarette, putting it between my lips. "I hate this place," I mumble.

I released a puff and smoke surround me. Sad to say this is the only way that helps me cope with my emotions.

Everything's pissing me off lately even the smallest issue and it's bothering me. I stayed out here for a couple of minutes with my back against the wall, smoking my problems away.

"Hey," a high pitched voice spoke. I turn to my side and rose my eyebrows. "What do you want?"

A blonde headed girl with tight fit jeans and a low cut top approached me. If I'm being honest, the girl in front of me was pretty attractive but she was nothing compared to Isabel. Absolutely nothing.

"I just saw you here all alone and thought I'd give you some company," she purred, standing way too close to my liking. "I don't need your fucking-"

"Omg, I love your tattoos!" she shrieks, tracing her hand down my arms. I push her away from me with a scowl on my face. "Don't fucking touch me, understood?" I hiss at her.

She looked a little taken back as her eyes widen at my outburst. "Now tell me what do you want," I demand.

"You," she says looking up at me.

I look down at her pouty face and grab hold of her arm. "One night and never contact me ever again. Got it?"

Maybe it's the alcohol or frustrations but this will stake my mind off things.

She slowly nods her head as she presses herself against my chest. Guess now I'll have to fuck my problems away.

"Let's go to your place," she says running her hands down my abs. Fuck no.

"We're doing this inside the club," I pull her with me back inside the club. My eyes turn to the guys with girls sprawled on their laps.

I take whatever the bitch's name is to the restroom and locked the door. "This is just a one night stand and nothing else," I say pushing her against the wall.

"Whatever just fuck me," she pleads. I unbuckle my belt and take her top then turned her around holding her hands above her head.

"Excuse me?" a voice shouts behind the door. I groan in annoyance and growled back. "Occupied!"

"Isabel, it's clearly locked," another voice spoke. I quickly halted and turn to the door. "O-oh, I'm sorry," the more familiar the voice got.

Fuck.