Chapter 7

"Pleaseeee!!!"

"Pleaseeee!!!"

"No! And it's final," I argue back.

"You're so fucking boring," Brianna huffs out, groaning. I look up to see her face pouting like a little child.

"I said no Bri,"

"I already called Dylan and Hannah, you can't back out now!" she whines.

"You know what happened when we went clubbing last time, please don't make me relive that night again,"

"Isabel, is this about Jackson?" she asks and  I quickly shake my head. "No, of course not. We're fine, I just want to stay at home, is that so bad?"

"I need to know Isabel, we've been friends since middle school and you always tell me everything! Why are you still with him...he doesn't deserve you, when will you see that?" she says sadly sitting next to me on my bed.

I stare at the wall in front of me as I process her words.

"He'll change,"

Brianna burst out laughing.

"I-I'm sorry, Change? Have you fucking seen what he's done to people? Isabel, I didn't want to address this before but I've seen those bruises you try to hide! And you think that man will change?!"Brianna grows angrier.

"He's not abusing me if that's what you're implying," I roll my eyes. I took a pillow and threw it over my head, done with this conversation.

"He's too toxic for you,"

"I want to give him a chance to change, I love him and he's going through a lot Bri," I say snuggling closer to my pillow.

"If you call those bruises on your legs right now love then I'm sorry to break it to you, it's not. Isabel, you can't change him because you love him. A man will change himself if he loves you. Open your eyes, honey. He's not the man you met a year ago,"

I hate to admit it but what she said was true whether I choose to believe it or not. Jackson doesn't love me, he never has. The entire time I chose to stick by him through his worst and all he did was hurt me more.

"I'm not going to let you sit here all night sulking about that dick you call your boyfriend now get the fuck up and change. You need to keep your mind off him and I'll make sure of that," Brianna hops off the bed and run to my closet.

I groan and lift myself up from the bed. "I want to get drunk,"

We're not even at the legal age to drink but that hasn't stopped us before. "That's my girl," she shouts. I grab my phone from my bedside table and see twenty-three messages from Jackson. Shit.

I didn't get any notifications.

"What are you doing?" Brianna comes out with two dresses in her hands.