Chapter 8

"Where are you going?!" the bitch asks when I quickly fix my clothes

"Where are you going?!" the bitch asks when I quickly fix my clothes. I brush my hands through my hair and curse at myself.

Fuck, I'm so stupid.

I rush out of the bathroom not caring about the girl who's still calling me. "Come back, what's wrong?!" her loud voice screeches. I walk past the sweaty crowd to the booth where Blake and Ryder sat. They too were busy entertaining two blonde girls to notice me.

"Blake," I call out.

He shot his head up and gave me a small smile. "Weren't you with a girl?" he asks raising his eyebrow. I shook my head. "I need to leave,"

"Bro what, you can't leave now," Ryder gives me a disapproving look. "You don't understa-"

"Holy fuck, just saw the hottest girl walk in this club five minutes ago," Chris says, coming out of nowhere, holding a bottle of vodka.

"You're not leaving," Ryder says.

Yes, the fuck I am.

"Come on Xander we haven't seen each other in years. If you don't like this place we can leave with you and hang out somewhere else," Blake suggests. He stood up and the girl next to him immediately pouts.

"There's an emergency," I lie. Chris eyes me down suspiciously. "Sure," Chris says, giving me a smirk.

"We can meet up some other time, I gotta go," I say. "You can't drive," Blake says.

"I'll call a cab," I just want to get out of here as soon as possible. "Oh fuck she's staring at you," Chris' jaw drop.

Ryder looks up at Chris with confusion. I follow his gaze and instantly froze. Isabel was looking at me.

And only me.

"What the fuck how do you do that?" Chris asks still shocked.

"What is she doing here?" Blake asks, looking at Isabel. "I mean I know I'm not as good looking as Xander but I even tried to buy her a drink and she turned me dow-"

"You what?" I snap at him. "Oh shit, it's Isabel.." Ryder gasps.

"I just wanted to get her number- Huh?" Chris stood still. "She's still staring at you..." Ryder points out.

Isabel was leaning against a counter talking to someone who I assumed was her friend. She stood there absolutely breathtakingly. Her dress fits her body so well, leaving me to take in her beautiful curves. Fuck Isabel...

"What the actual fuck," Chris curses. "No way that's Isabel," his eyes widen.

I shot my head in his direction and he rose his hands up in surrender. "I didn't know! In my defense, I haven't seen her in person in a really long time. She looks like she aged ten years-"

"Just shut the fuck up," I growled at him.

"She's leaving," Ryder points out.

I looked back her way and found those beautiful orbs looking right at me. I couldn't tell what she's thinking no matter how hard I tried.

She turns to head towards the exit and my heart immediately drops. She didn't want to see me.

"I'm going," I tell the guys and follow after my Isabel. I walk out of the exit close behind her.

She knew I was after her when her pace picks up faster and she seemed like she was running away. I didn't like the fact she had to run away just because she saw me.

"Isabel!" I call after her and she doesn't stop.

She walked even faster like she couldn't turn around for me, like I'm some kind of poison. As she kept walking her heel got caught between the pavement and she loses her balance.

I suddenly run as fast as I could in an attempt to catch her before she fell. grab her by the arm and pulled her towards me, against my hard chest before she face plants to the ground.

"Isa," I look down at her small frame. She remains silent as I raise my fingers to remove a strand of her hair out of her face. "Why were you running away?" I ask, muttering.

She pulls away from me with a huff. "Did you really have to chase me down?" her innocent doe eyes look up at me.

"Hey, you were the one running away," I tell her, disapprovingly.

"I'm not in the mood to talk to you right now," she confesses and I pretend her words didn't phase me at all.

"Are you really still mad about what I did to that Jackson guy?" I clench my jaw.

She releases a deep sigh, "You mean my boyfriend," she mumbles, rolling her eyes.

I despised that man with everything in me. The fact Isabel corrected me by saying boyfriend made my blood boil in anger.

"I'm leaving," she says, turning around.

I snatch her arm and pull her back. "You're not going by yourself. Don't be stupid Isa,"

"I can handle myself just fine, thank you very much," I still didn't miss the hint of attitude that's always been there since she was a little girl.

"Just let me take you home," I groan at her stubbornness.

"No,"

"Why are you being so difficult?" I ask.

"I'll just call an Uber," she tells me and pulls out her phone. I grab her phone, takeing it out of her hold and shoved it inside my back pocket.

Isabel furrows her eyebrows in anger.

"I don't think you should do that," I suggest with a shrug. "And why is that?" She sends me a glare.

"It's not safe Isa," I mutter and she lets out another groan. "Fine! Can you at least give me back my phone so I can text Brianna," she begs and I nod my head.

I pull out her phone and hand it to her. She takes it harshly with a deadly glare and I grinned. "You're still as stubborn as ever Isa," I say.

"I am not," she refuses to believe me. "And what's with the nickname? Don't call me that,"

I smile down at her, "I kinda like it, I'll start calling you Isa from now on,"

She rolls her eyes at me before unlocking her phone to text her friend. I patiently wait for her to finish as I stare at the beauty in front of me. My eyes drop down to her plump lips and I can't help but think how good she must've tasted.

Fucking bastard Jackson. The things I'd fucking do to destroy that man is uncountable. Rage consumes me even more thinking about the him.

"Xander?," she catches me off guard by calling my name and I snap back to reality.

"Yeah?"

"You were dozing off," she looks up at me all worried and I couldn't help but smile at her. "It's nothing, let's go?"

She nods her head slowly and we walk beside each other, silence filling the air.

God, I missed her.