Chapter 1

"What do you think." Kayla asked trying on her third outfit.

"We are going in a jungle kayla, i am sure the trees won't mind if you cover up." I said. "The second one." I said when she didn't reply.

"That wasn't so hard now was it, when will David be here?" She asked and i returned to the map i was gridding.

"He should be here any moment, i still think going into the jungle without a gps is a bad idea." I said unhappily. We were just done with college, going away for a few weeks before starting our jobs, kayla as a middle school art teacher and i was going on a year long trip with David, who was taking off time for some reason, we had saved up for years for this trip, after that i was joining my brother in law's company back home.

"We are going for the authentic experience," she said plopping down on the bed. "and you should pack something cute too, it's going to be fun, me and Matt having a romantic time while you and David do freaky stuff in your tent."

"David doesn't care what i wear as long as it's easy to take off." I snort marking up a cave on the map to visit.

"You should make things official." She said for the hundredth time. "When was the last time you saw someone else?"

"He doesn't have the time." I replied not wanting to talk about it.

"Doing what? He does free lance work for security firms." That was a lie, but a necessary one, truth was, David was very busy, coming home once a month, sometimes even once in two months. It wasn't enough but it's what we got.

The doorbell rang and i rushed to the main door, leaving her shaking her head. I pulled him in for a kiss the moment i saw him.

"I missed you too." He said chuckling as i inhaled his smell.

"Where are your bags?" I asked seeing him only carrying a small box.

"I am sorry." He said and i turned around, returning to my room, he followed me and kayla walked out, seeing the look on my face.

"Baby you know i really wanted to go," he said and i didn't turn to look at him. "I have to fly to Paris tonight, it's urgent, but i have told them that this is the last job for a year. I promise."

I nodded, turning back to look at him and he hugged me.

"Did you pack everything you need?" He asked pulling away and i nodded. "By the checklist?" He added.

"Yes dad." I said and he hit my ass, making me gasp.

"You know it's daddy." He teased and i chuckled, pulling him in for a kiss, the kiss changed from sweet to all engulfing and just as i began loosing control, he pulled away.

"Don't you have to pack?" He asked and i shook my head, he laughed and kissed the top of my head, he moved away, leaving me week on my knees.

"I hate you." I said and he kissed me again deeply. "I love you." I said when he pulled away. He knew how i meant it, things were easy with David like that, he knew how i meant it, we weren't "in" love, we loved each other in a weird away, we loved having sex, that was for sure, but there were no romantic dates involved, we were both allowed to see other people, and we had to because he was busy saving the country, at least that had been the arrangement, i hadn't seen anyone else for over a year, didn't feel right and as far as i knew, neither had he. Maybe kayla was right, it was time i accepted my feelings for him.

"I love you too." He said and walked away.

Matt came over a few minutes later and together we left for the airport, we were going to a small part of the Scandinavian forest, i was going to camp, Kayla and Matt were going because they thought a spooky point in the middle of a forest would be romantic.