Chapter 8

"Lizzie?" Rose gasped in alarm as i almost collapsed through her doorway fifteen minutes later. "Oh my god what happened?"  She asked. "Why is your shirt-" she stopped and sniffed me. "That fucker." She said and disappeared, i heard the door lock from outside and stumbled to her bed, grabbing the water from her nightstand and gulping it down before passing out.

"I will kill that bastard." I heard a voice say as i opened my eyes, i was back in Adrian's room, rose, sat beside me, while adrian and ryder talked in the corner.

"are you alright?" Rose asked me and i nodded, dragging myself up adrian and ryder appeared in front of me.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Adrian snapped grabbing my arm. "You left the room alone, without the collar."

"I need to shower." Was all i managed to get out, not meeting his eyes. He stayed quite for a moment before unbuttoning the fop of my dress and dragging the collar slightly down, i pushed his hand away and covered myself again. "You are needed at the ball, i will stay here, go." I said again not looking at him.

"The ball ended an hour ago, lizzie." Rose said and i looked up at her. "You were out for two hours. Adrian calm down." She said and i saw him shaking with anger. "Would you like to come stay with me for a few days?" She asked and i nodded.

"No." Adrian said and i heard him breathe deeply. "You take this room, i will sleep in the empty room across the hall."

"I need a shower." I repeated to rose and she helped me up.

The three of them were gone by the time i got out of my very long shower, feeling like i had scrubbed off at least a layer of skin. I was almost asleep when the door opened again and they both dragged an angry adrian in.

"Why did you stop me?" Adrian snapped at ryder.

"Because you can not kill your brother in a full court, and now you can not poison him because half the court saw you marching towards him and will know you did it." Ryder snapped.

"You will not kill him." I said and all three of them turned to look at me. "I will." I said, more silence. "I need to talk to adrian." I said and both of them exchanged looks before walking out, shutting the door behind them.

"If they catch you they will make you beg for death." Adrian said after breathing in several times.

"I don't mean i will physically kill him." I said as the anger coursed through me. "I will destroy him first." I said.

"How?" He said getting on board immediately.

"I will think of something." I said and he nodded. "Get some sleep," i said and he picked me up from the mattress, and deposited me on the bed.

"I will send rose." He said and i grabbed his hand as he began to leave.

"No, i am alright, stay." I said and he gave me an 'are you sure?' Look, i nodded and he went off in the bathroom to change. He came back and climbed in with me, turning off the light, i relaxed as soon  as he put his arms around me.

"You have to be at court tomorrow." He said snuggling me closer to him. "The kings and queens from all over the empire are here, he will legalise feeder's tomorrow."

I turned around to face him.

"Heal me." I said. "I can't go there bruised up, the dress won't cover it all." He sat up and turned on the light, pulling me up with him. I pulled off my shirt to expose all the bruises and he stilled, i could feel the anger radiating off him as i covered my breast.

"I will make him pay for this." He said before cutting into his finger and making the bruises go away. I quickly pulled my shift back on and turned off the light.