Chapter 6

"What the fuck." A voice said jerking me awake the next morning, it was probably before dawn. ryder stood at the door with his mouth gaping at us, he locked the door behind him and i realised what we must have looked like. I pulled away from adrian, moving as far from the bed as possible.

"Nothing happened." I said. "He was too drunk and he fell asleep right after feeding, i was too drained to move." I said rapidly and he didn't reply, his guard was up.

"The door was locked, how did you get in?" Adrian asked clutching his head.

"That's your issue adrian?" Ryder snapped, pushing at him. "Do you have a fucking death wish, thank the gods it was me who came in, had your father sent Luca, he would have had her hung before dawn."

Adrian finally looked up from his hand and looked at ryder for a full minute before looking at me.

"Fuck." He said burying his head back in his hands.

"This is no time for remorse, go clean up before your father sends someone and sees that." Ryder said and i glared at me.

"So i am 'that' now?" I snapped and he gave me a flat look.

"Have you seen your neck?" He asked and i rushed to the mirror, there, right at he spot he had bitten in, clear as a day, stood a hickey.

"But he" i struggled for words "He never.." i trailed of.

"And that is why it is illegal." Ryder said as if talking to a child. "Most humans don't even realise what happened till it is done, come here." He said and i walked up to him, he bit into his thumb and swiped it across the hickey, making it disappear.

"Adrian you are next in line to be emperor, you will be engaged before the year ends, do you seriously want to mess it up?" Ryder asked.

"Engaged? What are you talking about?" Adrian asked and ryder looked ready to throw his hands up in frustration.

"One problem at a time." Ryder muttered breathing in and out, and i hid a smile. "Don't" he said looking straight at me.

"It works doesn't it?" I smirked and he told me to shut up before somehow pushing adrian into the shower.

"How much did he have to drink last night, i have never seen him that drunk." He said after bolting the door.

"He got drunk off my blood." I said and he stared at me. "I only had two drinks." I said defensively.

Someone knocked on the door and ryder opened it.

"You ready to go?" Rose asked me, ignoring ryder, he gave her a weird Look. I will have to ask rose about that.

"I just need to grab some clothes." I said turning to the wardrobe.

"You can wear mine." She said. "Besides, that shift, not safe."

"Let me grab some books then." I said and again she stopped me.

"I will take you to the main library." She said and i gaped at her.

"There is a library?" I asked and she laughed.

Adrian came out of the bathroom at that moment, with just a towel wrapped around his waist, and rose made a disgusted sound. I gave her a confused look, i mean vampire or not, adrian was hott, extra t required.

"Forgot to take clothes." He explained and left again.

"That's a hang over if i have ever seen one." Rose said and i shook my head at her.

"Rose, i would like a moment with lizzie." He said and she gave him a scathing look before leaving the room.

"Lizzie, you will be watched very carefully for the next two weeks," he began. "With the adrian out, the ladies will probably call upon you, be very careful what you tell them, never, and i mean never, take the collar off, and Lillian has a tendency to mix stuff in drinks, don't drink anything she offers you. Adrian was supposed to tell you all this." He said looking worried and i nodded.