Chapter 3

It seemed like god had decided they wouldn't let me live or die in peace, just a few days after the pain had finally ebbed away, when i could feel death slowly taking over, I was in pain again. I had even started hearing the angels, there were two of them, argue it about what to do with me.

I could hear the life angels voice, telling me to wait, that it would be over soon, the death angle had wanted to help me, his eyes filled with pity when he saw me. The angel of death must have won the argument because everything went dark for a while and when my eyes opened, i was in what could only be haven, i could hear the water flowing, there was warm sunlight and i could hear the birds. The air didn't smell like rotten flesh anymore.

That was when the pain started again and i wondered if i would ever make it out of this endless loop, or if i had somehow dies back in the forest and this was my hell. Slowly, I started feeling alive again and became aware of my surroundings, I was clutching my head and abdomen on the floor of the room, it felt like they were on fire, not much different than the potion the half vampire had given me, the angel of life was arguing with someone by the door while the angel of death stood there and watched me. i don't know how long it went for, i wove in and out of consciousness. I must have said something because he walked towards me and tipped water in my mouth.

Sooner than i had expected, the pain began fading away and i slumped on the floor, too week to move. i felt myself get lifted off the floor and moving but didn't have the strength to open my eyes.

"You will be safe here." The voice of the angel said and lowered me into the tub of water. I wanted to tell him that of course i was safe, there would be no more pain now, i had left it behind in the dungeons. That was till he did something i didn't expect , he took out a blade and cut through my shirt.

I wasn't dead.

"Don't." I said pushing his hand away, he ignored me and went on with his cutting. I would have fought him off but i was too afraid of the pointed blade. Much to my relief, he simply dumped something on my head and began rubbing it. I sighed in relief as i felt the pain from my head ebb away. "How long was i in there?" I asked hoarsely.

I got my first good look at him, the first thing i saw about him were his unnaturally grey eyes, Cold and almost steel coloured. And then his dark black hair, with a slightly reddish hue, or may be it was the lighting. He didn't say anything for a minute so i began taking in my surrounding, it was a huge bathroom, different soaps and oils lining one of the walls, i was sitting in a huge tub in the centre, filled with hot water, towels lay on one side and a shower on the other, this was a royal bathroom.

"It needs feeding." Was all He said and i gave him a confused look, it was like he couldn't hear me. i got the look on his face and my heart sank. It was the same one i had seen countless time on Kayla and mine's. whenever we bought home a sick and starved puppy. I guess i should have felt angry, and humiliated. I was too grateful to be alive though.

"I can do that myself." I said as his hands full of soap began cleaning my face and getting soap all over my eyes. They started to burn. "Hey, stop it." I said and swatted his hand. I froze as i got a good look of my hand. Bone, and discoloured thin papery skin, i had only seen such condition in anorexia patients.

A lump formed in my throat and i dropped my hand, letting him wash my face. I pushed his hand away once he was done, grabbing the loofah, i scrubbed myself carefully, not wanting to tear the skin. He left the room after a second, coming back a minute later with the other guy.

"Adrian it needs to go back to it's family." He was saying, he looked a second towards me and turned away, the lump in my throat became larger.

"It can't even walk on it's own right now." The first guy, 'Adrian' said. "As soon as it is fine we will contact the human villages, find out if someone is missing."