A warm welcome

Its been, lets say, a month from then. The day I've become a fatui harbinger. The mission I was going on with Scaramouche is going to start today. La Signora succeeded in stealing the Anemo archons gnosis. Her exact words were: "Stealing the gnosis of that bard was easier than breaking thin glass." I knew the anemo archon was the weakest among all the archons but I didn't think Signora would've beaten him that easily. 

Since I'm going to be a spy, I already prepared all sorts of disguises. Scaramouche told me to meet him at the Northland bank in Liyue. At this moment I'm on the boat to Liyue Harbor.

I got to Liyue and went straight to the Northland bank. I walked over to the person behind the counter. "Uh, greetings, Scaramouche and I agreed to meet here. Do you know where he is?" The person looked at me. "Oh right, Lord scaramouche is upstairs in the second room on your left." I thanked him and walked up the stairs. Walking into the room I see Scaramouche sitting on a chair. The room was full of books, there were 2 big window's covered with curtains. "Took you long enough." He said as I put my bag on the desk. "Nice to see you too Scaramouche, what a lovely welcome!" I said sarcastically. Scaramouche scoffed.

"Anyway," Scaramouche began. "You just missed a very interesting event." An interesting event? "Oh? And what might that be?" Scaramouche stood up from his chair and walked to the desk in the middle of the room. "As you may or may not know, the rite of decension was today."

 "Rite of decension?" I asked him. "Every year Rex Lapis visits Liyue at the rite of decension. But apperantly Rex Lapis has been killed during the rite of decension." Scaramouche explained. Killed? So suddenly? If thats really true it might work in our advantage but, "I doubt it." Scaramouche gave me a confused look. "What do you mean, you 'Doubt it'?"

 I sigh. "There's absolutely no way someone just kills Rex Lapis out of nowhere, I don't think Rex Lapis actually died." No, I'm sure of it. Rex Lapis has still a lot of deciples, he is very powerful. Scaramouche seemed to be thinking.

"Hm, now that I think of it. He could've faked his death. After he heard Barbatos his gnosis was stolen, he decided to fake his death to be safe." I'm not sure if that was his exact reason but it seems very likely. "To be sure," I began. "I would have to check his body. If it doesn't contain a gnosis we'll be sure that he still walks around here somewhere." I grapped my bag and began searching for something I could easily move in. "I'm going to check his body right now." I said  confidently. "His body is being protected by the mililith at the rite of decension." I nod. "I suspected, but I only need a small amount of time. You chose me for a reason, I can handle this." Scaramouche sighed. "I'm going to laugh at you if you get captured." He said. "That wont happen. I'm going to change in the bathroom I'll come back when I know more." I rushed out of the room before Scaramouche could say something. I quickly changed out of my normal clothes into something more fit for this mission.

_________

I arrived at the place of Rex Lapis his death. I had to avoid a ton of guards on the way. To check his body, I needed something to draw the guards attention. The most guards were at the front so their attention should go over there. I grapped two rocks, one to throw into the bushes and one to throw elsewhere. "This should work." I hid behind a pillar and took a deep breath. I only have one chance. I make up my mind and throw the rock. I run as fast as i can and before I could think I was standing next to Rex Lapis his body. The guards just noticed the rumbling in the bushes. I quickly tried to grap his gnosis.

Its not there.

 I ran away as fast as I could. The guards turned around and screamed "HEY, DONT MOVE!" But I was already gone. I changed out of my hood behind some bushes, that way I wouldn't be suspicious. I walked back to the northland back as if nothing ever happened. I came across two guards who asked if I saw someone in a (whatever color you want) hood. I kindly told them I saw someone who fit the discription going towards the city gates. They had believed it and thanked me. Awsome.