5

I bent double, panting hard as sweat poured down my face. Battle training was seriously kicking my ass. These warrior goblins that were hired to teach me physical defense were cutthroat.

      Charms had been an advanced study with Bill, as he was hired through Gringots to teach me as much as possible in any area he could. We breezed through 1st through 3rd year charms, then started going over 4th and 5th level. Bill thought it best, and quickest, to do things by studying 2 years worth of charms at once, then move on to harder and more obscure spells. I swear I could take my NEWTs in the subject by the time the competition is over and immediately apply for a mastery.

     Lunch had breezed by silently as I was by myself in the module, then I had battle training with a group of goblins hired like Bill. There were 2 head goblins and a battalion of warrior goblins teaching me. Stormfang was teaching strategy, sword fighting, and stamina; while Ironstrike was teaching me how to handle daggars and a bow and arrows. Today was the start of stamina and strategy with Stormfang. Tomorrow would bring my first lesson with Ironsrike on daggers and aim. Currently he had me running an obstical course.

     "Good Harry! Your getting the hang of this corse, so we're going go make it a bit more difficult. Take five and get a drink." Stormfang shouted from a raised platform across the room.

      With a nod in his general direction, I made my way over to a chair in the corner. It sat next to a small table with a gallon jug of water and some cups. Glancing at the clock I was suprised to see I only had about an hour of training left for the day. Hermione and the others should be back about an hour after I'm done.

     I took note of the changes they were making in the obstical course. A new angle to the flame throwers, a new arrangement of the pendulum-like axes, an array of archers, and a sword laying at what looked like the finish line. It may look like a finish line, but I know better.

     "Brakes over Hadrian! Get back on the course!" Stormfang barked.

     I ran the new corse, only having to restart 3 times before I made it to the sword at the 'end'. My suspicions had been correct. Once I picked up the sword, roughly 10 goblin soldiers crept out of good hiding spots all around the circular pit. I had to manage to hold my own for 10 minutes against all 10 before I could end today's lesson.

     I wound up with about 45 cuts before the timer chimed, signaling the end of today's lesson. Stormfang brought me healing potions and balms for the cuts. We went over what the next lesson would pertain to briefly before they headed off, going to report to the goblin king.

     I still had some time before the others got back, so I went for a shower. Once I was done I decided that I wanted to cook tonight, so I made my way to the kitchen to get started.

     "Dobby be doing the cooking sir." Dobby tried to push me back into the dinning room.

     "I wanted to cook tonight Dobby. I wanted to supprise Mia." I smiled down at the excitable house elf. "If it makes you feel better, you can help me."

     "Dobby will make sure Mr. Harry Potter does not burn the place down." He looked at me skeptically. I laughed.

     "Whatever you say Dobby. Just know that in my 10 years of cooking, I've only burnt 4 dishes." He looked even more skeptical.

     Pulling out ingredients for chicken cordonbleu, I got to work. Dobby worked on dessert saying that 'if I was making dinner, he would make dessert'.  Soon I was putting the finishing touches on dinner. As I was setting the table, the others returned, looking exhausted.

     "Go wash up, dinners almost done." I said as I placed the glass plates on the table.

     "We'll be right back down then, love." Hermione said as she ascended the stairs, followed closely by Luna and Collin. When they got back, I had dinner sitting on the table.