1.

I started awake, breathing ragged. I looked around trying to find where Vernon went, only to find the Gryffindor dorm. The others still asleep. I heaved a sigh in relief, just another nightmare. They were becoming more frequent. But after the goblet of fire spit my name out last night, I knew it was going to be a bad night. The only one who didn't look like they hated me, from what I could see, was Hermione.

     Hermione. My confidant, my angel, my rock. The one person who let me explain and not jump immediately to conclusions. She was always there when I needed her. She forced me to talk instead of letting me sit and spiral even deeper into the depression. The one woman who caught my attention effortlessly anytime she was in the room. I could talk all day about her and never tire. I had loved her since she opened that compartment door back in first year.

      The problem with that was that we were a trio with Ron, but I think that just ended last night. After making it to our dorm room, he went off about me being a sneak and should have helped him do it too. He didn't even try to listen to me when I tried to explain that I didn't do anything, only storming back out to the common room. I was left in the dark room wandering if he had actually ever had my back. I knew he never cared for Hermione, as they fought so heavily. It was only because I fought for her to be around that he put up with her, even through all the arguing.

     I slipped out of the warm bed and padded over to my trunk, hissing out the Parseltongue password and grabbing some clothes. I got dressed quickly and turned to grab my invisibility cloak, the map, my school bag, and money bag. I stopped when a tapping at the window alerted me of a beautiful eagle owl holding a roll of parchment. I quickly opened the window and the regal bird flew in and landed on my bed, holding out the parchment for me to take. I gave it a few treats, and it flew off. Turning back to the papers, I took note of the Gringotts seal staring back at me and opened it.

Dear Mr. Potter,

     We are deeply sorry and angered by the blatant ignorance and downright cruelty of the adults that should have protected you in this situation. The headmaster has once again failed you. We here at Gringotts want to help you and see this as a great opportunity to shove their ignorance back in their faces. We have looked into your living situation and were not able to get past any of the wards without having to remove them. As we don't want anyone to know of our involvement as of yet, we are waiting to make this move. However we here at Gringotts have come to the conclusion that, if you would like, we will emancipate you.

     The form for this has been sent with this letter, should you so choose to become independent and be considered an adult. The competition you are being forced to participate in is technically reserved for adults only. We are using this as a catalyst for the emancipation, as the headmaster can not interfere in anyway this way. We urge you to deeply consider this. It would free you to live wherever you want, be it in one of your familial homes or in a new one that you decide to perchase, and much more.

     We would like to speak more to you in person, and have made this letter into a portkey. The only catch of this mode of transportation is that it wont work inside of the castle or her wards. The activation word is freedom. We hope to see you as soon as you can, thank you for your consideration.

         Warrior and Master Accountant,
                                                    Silverfang

     Live anywhere I want? Don't have to tell me twice! This means I could most likely claim my lordship! I could also take my Wizmont seat! I could free Siri! 'Ok, Harry. Slow down.' I thought to myself.

      I flipped the pages around to read the form. The paperwork was straight forward and I couldn't find any loopholes, so I quickly signed on the dotted line and produced a drop of blood in the designated bottom right corner. The parchment glowed a blue color as it duplicated then disappeared, leaving the coppy for me. I went to my bag, and pulled out a folder that I had yet to use and designated it as my legal folder.