Chapter 1: The Power of an Immortal

"Are you sure about this?"

The voice belonged to a male, dressed in purple inner robes and black outer robes, a sword strapped to his waist and half of his hair pulled in a bun. He had very light tanned skin, with deep brown eyes. He was tall and handsome, holding hands with a female beside him.

The female was dressed in creamy inner robes and white outer ones. Her sword was a very pale teal color, and her eyes were silver, shimmering against her fair skin. Her black hair was held back by a fancy ribbon, with a few strings hung around the side of her hair. She had a white hood attached to her robes, but it was down and unworn for now.

Looking at the male beside her, she nodded leading them farther up a luscious mountain, blossoming with healthy grass, spiritual energy, and plants. They didn't get tired, the two of them, so they kept walking up the mountain until they reached a strange rock formation. The woman did not hesitate before walking towards the rock formation, pulling the male with her. They walked straight through the largest rock, exiting into a hidden grotto where voices and laughter danced around through the air.

None of the two were noticed by the adults and small children, the man looking around with awe while his wife glanced around with nostalgia. She guided her husband towards a large overhang in the hill, where a small lake was with a waterfall. Passing it, she walked up the hill, finding a small house just a little bit away from the start of the falls.

Walking towards it, the female didn't get to knock before the door was thrown open and a woman stared at her with shock. This woman was beautiful, but aged, yet no wrinkles were on her pale skin. Her eyes were dark, much like her black hair, which almost glowed against the pure white robes.

"Impossible," The woman looked at the two, "CangSe?"

CangSe Sanren smiled softly, "Mother...I am back, but not truly,"

The older woman named, Baoshan Sanren, inhaled sharply, "You're a ghost...both of you,"

They both nodded solemnly. The male bowed deeply to the immortal before him, "This ones name is Wei ChangZe,"

"He is my husband," CangSe Sanren informed her late Mother, "Mother...did you know you have a grandson?"

Baoshan Sanren's eyes widened, "What?"

"My poor son," CangSe Sanren's eyes glossed over, "Five...he was left alone at five,"

Baoshan Sanren's hand flew to her mouth and she quickly ushered them inside. Closing the door, she said, "His name?"

"Wei Ying...Wei WuXian," Wei ChangZe smiled painfully, "My poor A-Ying..."

"ChangZe and I couldn't pass peacefully, not with the knowledge of him being all alone. We've travelled with him...I've seen him grow and suffer. I've seen him sacrifice everything he's had and hide it. I've seen his most trusted hurt him. I've seen him be so alone..." CangSe Sanren stared hopelessly, "The cultivation world has wronged him. They've hurt him and even now, after a young master by the name of Mo XuanYu gave him a second chance of life, after the crimes he was a victim in were proven he was wronged, after marrying the love of his life, they continue to hurt him!"

Baoshan Sanren felt her hate for the cultivation world grow with everyword. How dare they? Her grandson had been hurt by them, over and over again. And she didn't even know he existed. She should have kept tabs on her daughter and taken the child with her to grow and be safe.

"CangSe," Wei ChangZe kept strong, "Tell her why we're here,"

CangSe Sanren nodded, taking a deep breath, "Mother, you once gave me a wish and I told you I would use it if I felt it my only option,"