Chapter Two

Somewhere in the Boiling Isles

"Do you have any eyes?" Eda asked, her feet up on top of the table as she looks at the paper in her hand.

"Eda, for the last time we are not playing Go-Mystical Fish, we are studying glyphs Luz told us to study," Lilith answers as she places a fire glyph on top of another fire glyph.

"Says the witch who's playing with the glyphs like they're some matching game."

"What? I'm not playing with the glyphs like they're some matching game. I'm arranging them." Lilith places another fire glyph on top of the first three fire glyphs on the table, making her jump, startling Eda. "Four in a row! I win!"

Eda stares at Lilith as she's surprised by her sudden outburst. This is the first time she sees Lilith go nuts over some game she's playing. "What's gotten into you? That's the first time I saw you so happy over a dumb game."

Lilith covers her mouth as she lets out a cough, pulling herself together. "Ugh, I'm starting to act like you idiot the more I stay in this cursed house," Lilith states as she sits back down, arranging the glyphs once more.

"Hey, don't you call Hooty cursed. He's not cursed, I'm the one who's cursed." Eda picks up the glyphs she dropped after getting startled by Lilith as she kicks her feet up in the air, placing them on top of the table once more. "Now, about my question earlier. Do you have any eyes?"

"Ugh."

While Lilith and Eda kept doing their thing, Luz and King enter the house carrying the ingredients they bought in the market. They bought walk into the house while King is telling Luz the story of the time where he and Hooty took down a whole army of bears, stuff bears the be exact. King likes to make things sound awesome, which they are!

"Wow, I wish I was around to see you guys take the stuffing out of those bears," Luz says as she laughs, placing down the ingredients on the kitchen table.

"Stuffing? Luz, those are demonic bears! They are not your standard human stuffed bears!"

"Of course, they are King."

"King telling the story about those stuffed toys coming to life again?" Eda asks as she stands up, placing the glyphs she was holding on the table, ruining Lilith's perfectly arranged glyphs.

"Edalyne!"

Eda does some small stretches, not paying attention to Lilith as she walks over towards the ingredients King and Luz bought from the market. "Are all the ingredients here?" Eda asks as she starts taking out the ingredients one by one from the paper bag.

"Yup! Every ingredient is present and accounted for! Huh?" Luz takes out the list Eda gave her before they left and she noticed that every ingredient was crossed out except for one. "Oh, crud! We forgot the slimed frog eyes!" Luz places the list back in her pockets as she began running out the door. "I'll quickly run to the market to grab it! Be back in a sec!"

As Luz got out of the door, a boulder came falling down from the sky. Luz notices it and she stops just a few inches away from the boulder.

"Luz!" Eda screams out as she runs towards Luz, pulling her to safety. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," Luz mutters as she stares at the sky, wondering where the huge boulder came from. "Anyone know if there's any weather update on falling boulders?"

"Boiling Isles has weird weather, but not weird as falling boulders," Lilith states as she walks outside, staring at the sky.

"Whether or not, we need to stop anymore falling boulders from falling into Hooty." Eda walks out as she places a plant glyph on the ground.

"I didn't know you cared so much about the bird tube so much," Lilith states as she places an ice glyph right next to the plant glyph Eda placed down.

"What? Of course, I care about him. He's my home, like, literally. Which also makes him your home. So, step on that glyph whenever you're ready."

Eda steps on the plant glyph and a huge vine emerged from the ground, covering half of Hooty's roof. Lilith sees it and she steps on her glyph as well, making a giant ice shard emerge and cover the other half of Hooty's roof.

"That should stop the boulders." Eda smiles as she stares at the makeshift barrier they made. As they kept looking at it, a water droplet falls from the ice shard and falls on King's head.

"Yeah, this barrier's not going to last long."

"That's why we need to find out where and how those boulders fell from the sky," Eda says as she grabs her staff. "You coming Lilith?"

"Can I come?" Luz asks, enthusiasm on her face.

"Of course, you can!" Eda smiles as she turns to look at Luz. "Not come with."

"What!?" Luz yells out as the enthusiasm leaves her face. "Why!?"

"It's too dangerous and you might get hurt and die."

"Wow, isn't that a bit too much?"

"It is, now go inside the house and stay away from trouble. Let's go, Lilith."

Lilith nods and the two of them get on their wands and started flying away, looking for the source of the flying boulders.

Luz moped as she stood around, her arms crossed in front of her. "Well, this sucks."

Somewhere in Amphibia

"Keep pulling those hopper weeds, old man!" Polly screamed out as she watched Hop Pop pull out the weeds in their garden. Polly, Sprig, and Anne are watching Hop Pop work in the garden while the three of them sip some cold beetle plant juice as they sit on the front porch.

"Why are we being mean to Hop Pop again? And is it okay? I mean, come on, look at him. He looks like he's on his last wart." Anne asks as she takes a sip on the beetle plant juice.

"Well, it's his challenge and wager anyway so it's okay." Sprig answered as he gulps down the beetle plant juice.

"That should teach him not to mess with me! He should know better! I am the best at doing spit bombs! And no one can ever beat me at that!" Polly screams as she spits on a bucket that was a few meters away from her, making it fall to the ground.

While they sit around watching Hop Pop pull out the hopper weeds, a noise came from inside the house, grabbing Sprig's attention.

"You guys hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"Shh!" Sprig slowly gets up and grabs a stick that was conveniently lying around on the porch. "Something's inside." Sprig slowly opens the door, readying the stick he found.

"What the?" Anne is shocked at what she sees as Sprig finally opens the door, making everything visible to their eyes.

End of Chapter