Chapter 2- History of the strings

___________________

"It's a tale as old as time" Your Dad started. 

"Y/N, would you do the honor?" He said.

 You swam your way to your dad and took his place to tell the history. 

"In the beginning there was silence" you said as you opened the scroll. 

"Until one day someone made a sound. Our ancestors were so inspired by the sounds, they took six strings. And those six strings had the power to control all music, they could play anything. Techno, funk, classical, country, hard rock, and pop. And every kind of music in-between. There was something for everyone, it was one big party. But little by little, the trolls became intolerant of each others music. They fought over what kind of music the strings would play. The elders realized there was but one solution. Each tribe would take a string, and go there separate ways. Those six tribes have lived in isolation ever since. Techno, Country, Rock, Classical, Funk, and us, the Pop trolls" You said. 

"Now, Barb's announcement make sense" Poppy said. 

''She want to reunite the strings, so the troll world can be one big party again" She exclaimed.

 You slammed your head against the table because of Poppy's conclusion . 

"Wait, that's all you heard. One big Party?" Branch asked.

 "Yeah, it's when all the trolls lived in harmony. And what's more important than living in harmony?" Poppy replied. "Well, I heard fighting, the strings together leads to fighting" Branch said. 

"Exactly, Branch" You pointed out.

 "That's why we need to keep our string safe" Your dad said as he made his way to the waterfall.And the waterfall splits and a harp with a pink string was behind it.

 "Behold, the Pop music string" your dad said as he flicked the string. 

"Oh, yeah" the string sang as a glitter heart magically got out. 

You were used to seeing the pop string at its finest, but it never gets old. You stared at the string with an amazed smile.

 "It's beautiful." Poppy said in disbelief. "And powerful" you said. "which is why we can't let it fall in the wrong hands" your dad warned.

"And we won't, not on my watch, what we need is a plan" Branch said.

 "Don't worry. I've been preparing for this day for years" You dad said. "We run"

 "Run?" Poppy asked. "And hide". 

"On it" Branch said while putting a line mark on his cheeks. 

"But we don't even know what we're running and hiding from." Poppy said. 

"We're hiding from Barb and all the other different trolls" Your dad said. 

"Your assuming the worse about someone you haven't even met." Poppy said. 

 "Your not listening to me"

 "Your not listening to Me"

"I'm your father" 

"And I'm the queen" 

You backed up a little bit to avoid getting part of there argument. 

"Uhm, father trumps queen, now there no way to debate this, let's go." Your dad said and started running away. "Come along branch"

 Branch who wasn't against your dad's idea laughed awkwardly and ran toward him. 

 "We're all trolls differences don't matter" Poppy said as she started to get angry.

 "C'mon Trollex, We don't wanna bother her" You said and pulled Trollex out of the room where Poppy is.

________________

cute╰(*°▽°*)╯

- Aurora