Chapter 8- Trust Issues

_______________

Mr. Dinkles woke up in an unfamiliar land. The clouds were made of cotton candy and the entire land were everything you could ever dream of. As the clouds spread opened, another Mr. Dinkles with a crown, cape, and staff came to the view.

"Welcome home." The king-like Mr. Dinkles said. The real Mr. Dinkles smiled and floated towards him. Well all of a sudden he started falling back, the king-like Mr. Dinkles started to drift out of the view.

Mr. Dinkles awoke with a jolt.

Mr. Dinkles spit out a mouthful of river water, and Biggie sighed in relief to see his worm alive.

"Oh, Mr. Dinkles, you're alive. For a minute there I thought you kicked the bucket." Biggie said in relief. Y/N and Trollex were panting for air near the shore.

"You guys pants are so pants heavy. Do you have any idea how much time it took us to get you out of the water?" You said and got a couple of groans in respond. "You guys ok?" Trollex asked and they all nodded.

"I'm really glad you came with me." Poppy said to Branch. "Me too." Branch said and they exchange a smile.

"Yah! There you are!" A voice said from behind Poppy and Branch. "Whew! I think we lost them. We should be alright." Hickory exclaimed and shook himself dry.

"Thank you. I don't know how we could ever repay you." Poppy said and her eyes suddenly lit up. "Oh, wait! Yes I do. Gumdrops!" She said and took out some gumdrops from her pocket.

"Gum-what?" Hickory questioned. "Oh. Well, thank you." He said and took the gumdrops from Poppy and ate a gumdrop. "Whew! That's got a zing, don't it?" He said and tried to take another gumdrop, but Branch snatched them from his hands.

"It's not candy time, It's question time." Branch said in a serious tone. Then their hug time watch glowed. "Hug time!" Y/N, Poppy, and Biggie exclaimed, you took Trollex by the hand and dragged him to the group hug.

Branch struggled out of the hug and shouted, "Why are you helping us?" His watch glowed once again and he slapped it shut. "What's in it for you?"

"H-Hey Branch! I'm sorry about my associate." Poppy said and began walking the other direction with Hickory to have a private word with him.

"Ooh, 'Associate'. That's rough buddy." You said and pat him at the back.

"I loved your message about music bringing trolls together." Hickory explained. "You maybe Pop and I maybe Country but, trolls is trolls."

""Trolls is trolls." Wow, deep." Branch said sarcastically. You nudge him in the stomach with your elbow.

"This is the beginning of a partnership between trolls that's going to save all trolls." Poppy declared.

"You're darn Skippy." Hickory said and Branch grunted. "Ah." Poppy laughed and went to planning mode. "Ok, we need to get to the funk trolls before Barb."

"Well the quickest way is down that river. I'll build us a raft." Hickory said and walked away. "You can do that?" You asked out of the curiosity. Branch scoffed "This ought to be good. Guy probably doesn't know the first thing about building a--" But got cutted by Hickory sawing a wood, hammering, pounding the nails, and even activating a coffee machine.

"Cappuccino anyone?" Hickory asked from the newly built raft. "Cappuccino? Cappuci-yes." Poppy said and raised her hand as you high-fived her." Nice one." You quipped. "Oh!" Biggie said and all four of us went to get cappuccino with Hickory.

Branch groaned." I do want one. But I am not happy about it." You heard Branch grunted.

Somewhere with Cooper: