Chapter 3- Escape

_____________

"Hmmm, something's missing?" Poppy mumbled to herself.

You, Trollex, and Techno Beat Drop were hiding behind a root sticking out of the ground.

"So... is your sister really going to meet Barb just to prove to your dad she's harmless?" Trollex whispered. "Trust me, my sister won't rest until she's proven a good queen." You whispered back and looked at Poppy.

"Oh, I know! More glitter!" Poppy exclaimed and puts more glitter on the poor rock bat(yeah I searched up what's Debbie's species is and it said a rock bat ).

"Poppy!" You exclaimed and she screamed. 

"Uhm... hey aren't you suppose to be at bed, my dear sister" She lied and trying to hide the bat behind her.

You crossed your arm and glared at her. "Poppy, do you really think I'm dumb enough to fall for your lies? I mean your literally hiding the creature from earlier, and your standing next to Sheila Balloon" You said.

Poppy sighed. "Fine. Yes I am going to meet Barb. Please don't tell dad about this!" 

You swam towards Poppy and Trollex and Techno Beat Drop followed you behind. You put your hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, Dad won't know. Because I'm coming with you" You said.

"What?!" Poppy yelled and you covered her mouth. "you can't come with me it's to dangerous" She said. 

"uhm, excuse me you went to save our friends from the bergens and you literally almost died. If it weren't for me and Branch you would've been eaten by those giant spiders by now. So we're coming with you, whether you want it or not." You said confidently.

Poppy suddenly threw her arms around you. "thank you so much Y/N, you the best sister a queen could ever ask for" she said and you hugged back.

"Ok, the sooner we leave the sooner we can't get in the air" you said and you, Trollex, and Techno Beat Drop went inside the balloon(who presume the name is Sheila).

"oh, look how cute you are. Barb is gonna love your new look. Now tell her I look forward to helping her plan the world's biggest part" Poppy said and gave the rock bat her letter and it took it by mouth.

Trollex seems to notice Branch behind Poppy, so he tapped your shoulder and pointed to Branch. "looks like we have company" you whispered to Trollex.

"Poppy!" Branch said and once again, Poppy screamed like before. "what are you doing?" Branch asked.

"Oh, nothing" Poppy said and tried to hide the bat again. 

"Ooh.. Poppy's busted" Sheila the balloon cooed to Poppy and she tried to shush her.

"sneaking out to meet Barb? Heading to the enemy's territory?" Branch said. "She's not the enemy, she's a queen same as me" Poppy said.

The creature flew away from Poppy and bumped to Branches head.

"Bye bye, little guy" Sheila said.

"Your dad just told us that queen Barb is bad news" Branch said. "Well my dad doesn't know everything" Poppy said.

"He knows more about this, You didn't even know there was a string until this morning" Branch said.

"He may be fine in a world where everyone lives in isolation but I'm not" Poppy replied.

"Poppy we don't know anything about the other trolls" Branch said. "We know there trolls. Branch look around troll village everybody's different, even us."

Then we heard a strange sound coming from afar. 

"huh, did you hear something?" Poppy asked. "Stop trying to change the subject" Branch said.

"Look being queen means having a lot of power, and it's my job to use it for good." Poppy said and walked inside the balloon. "I can't stay at home, when I know there are different trolls out there just like us" Poppy said. 

Branch still wasn't convince about Poppy's plan, and looked at you. "Y/N, please tell her this is insane. She can't go out there and confront Barb." 

"Branch, I know it's crazy but I only came here for two reasons; One: I can't let Poppy out there all alone, and I can't battle with her decisions I'm like younger than Poppy. And two: I came along so that I can help Trollex to saving his people " You explained.

Branch sighed. "this is a terrible idea that will most likely blow up in your face."

"Okay, bye." Poppy said and cut the rope. "What?!" Branch gasped.

You and Poppy were leaning against the balloons railings. 

Then Branch sighed and used his hair to get on the balloon, and landed next to Poppy.

 "I guess, I'm coming with you" He said.

"Ah, thank you, I really didn't want to go by myself" Poppy groaned.

"Road trip" Sheila said.

" Yeah" You and Poppy yelled.

But little did you know, someone was eavesdropping your conversation. Cooper had been hiding behind a bush and listening to your entire conversion. And as soon as you left he went to the string room(okay I don't know what that place what) and looked at the scroll from before. "they all are different. And this one looks a little bit like me " Cooper said while tracing his fingers and stopped at a funk troll. 

"And this one looks a little bit like me" He said and a leaf fell on the scroll. "We even have the same hat!" He gasped and only an echo responded.

Then Cooper went to his pod and took a cape, a harmonica, and changed his "everyday cap" to his "Destiny cap." He peeked at his door and went own once the coast was clear. 

"Goodbye,  I hope I'll see you again friends. But even though it's scary. I have to see if there are other trolls like me" He said continued. "Ahh! Oh man this is gonna be hard."

_____________

Sorry if updates are slow, let's just say internet problems

- Aurora