Chapter 7- Lonesome Flats

__________________

"This must be where the country music trolls live" Poppy said to the others. "Well it looks like nobody's here. We're too late. Time to go home. Come on guys, let's go." Branch said quickly in one breath.

"There is no 'I quit' in team" Poppy yelled back. Branch turned around and followed Poppy with you, Trollex, and Biggie on his tail.

Lonesome Flats was a quite country in the middle of a dessert. A bunch of houses surrounding it, and a giant clock in the center.

"Cock-a-doodle- Ah, never mind" A chicken sighed.

"This place is so empty? Where is everyone?" Trollex asked as he looked around. "Like I said, maybe Barb came here first" Branch said,-directly to Poppy.

"No. There here, there just inside." You said. "They'll be coming out-"

All of a sudden the clock tower chimed, twelve o'clock.

"Now!"

A certain country came out with a banjo in her hand and started singing. You know here very much. She has an orange-skin Country Troll with large orange-red hair and a small white hat with a golden star. The lower half of her body is that of a horse, which makes her look like a centaur. Her horse tail is teal. She wears a white and teal plaid shirt, white pants, and a brown belt with a circle-shaped buckle. As much as you know her, she's the leader of the country trolls.

🎶"We don't hope for making things better. All we want is to keep it together .Every day is a rainy day, no changing the weather. This kind of life has made our hearts as hard as leather."🎶

She sang as little country trolls(children) circled her as they chased a tumbleweed, and then the tumbleweed chased them.

🎶"And all these tears are from the dust in our eyes."🎶 You turned and saw a country troll burst into tears.

🎶"And all these years just keep on passing us by."🎶 While the country trolls were singing you and Trollex saw Poppy, Branch, and Biggie hiding behind a barrel. You didn't have to hide, for every one in Lonesome Flats already knows you.

🎶"And all this misery makes it hard to deny. We all know that we're just born to die. That's the way it goes when you're just born to die"🎶

"This song is so sad" Poppy said, as she, Branch, and Biggie (who is inside the barrel) left there hiding place walking towards you and Trollex.

"Yeah, it is sad" Branch agreed with her. "But life is sad sometimes. So, I kind of like it" Branch added, not entirely sure. "Yep. Me too." You said almost a whisper.

"You do?" Poppy asked, and you and Branch nodded. "Huh, but it's so different. Oh, they must not know that music is supposed to make you happy. That's awful" Poppy gasped. You sighed at Poppy's cluelessness.

🎶"And all these years just keep on passing us by. And all this misery makes it hard to deny. We all know that we're just born to die"🎶 You saw a country troll held his chest, and tried to walk towards a coffin, when he did he jumped inside it.

🎶"That's the way it goes when you're just born to die"🎶The leader of the country trolls went over the coffin, and the rest of the country trolls formed a heart, as The leader shut close the coffin.

"Ok, guys, guys, huddle up" Poppy said to all of you. "Nuh-uh, Poppy your on your own" You said, as you took Trollex's hand and dragged him towards the leader.

"Howdy, Delta Dawn!" You said to the leader as you came to her.

"Well, as I live and breath, if it ain't Princess Y/N" She said, and opened her arms for a hug. "C'mere hun, I haven't seen you in ages!"