Chapter 9- I Fall to Pieces

Dawn came and the Poppy was steering the raft with a frown still, she was upset about what happen last night. You, Trollex, and Branch was sitting on the edge of the raft while Hickory was strumming his banjo and singing.

🎶"I fall to pieces"🎶 Hickory sang.

🎶"pieces"🎶 the weeds joined along.

🎶"How can I be just your friend?"🎶

🎶"Just your friend"🎶

Branch groaned and laid back on the raft.

"Something tells me your heart ain't in this mission Branch" Hickory said and offered a hand.

"What do you mean? I'm here aren't I?" Branch said and took his hand to sit down. "Yeah, your on a mission, alright. But your heart is with miss Poppy." Hickory said pointed to where Poppy is.

"Hey, hold your horses!" Branch said and stopped once he realized what he said. "Sorry, is that offensive?" He asked and Hickory gave a small chuckle.

"Not as offensive as you thinking I can't see what's right in front of my eyes." He said and took a sit beside Branch. "Did you tell her yet?"

You suddenly joined the conversation too eager to tell the Broppy ship and said, "He tried that a bunch of times, but..." you made a descending whistle sound, and imitated an explosion. Hickory gave another small chuckle. You and Trollex left to give the guys to talk while you and Trollex talk.

"Well, if you did tell her, who knows if she'd even hears you." Hickory said. "What do you mean by that?" Branch asked confusingly.

"Well let's just say only one of you is doing the listening in this relationship, and it's not her." Hickory said, and Branch sighed. "It's you." Hickory added. "Yeah I got that. Thanks." Branch said and crossed his arms.

They heard a small soft chuckling coming from the left side of the raft, they turned and saw Y/N and Trollex chuckling to each other.

"Those two are close, aren't they?" Hickory said. "Yeah, kinda." Branch said, but he was lost in his thoughts.

In the middle of their conversation You and Trollex sat on the edge to the raft enjoying the water in your tails.

"Why do you have powers anyway?" Trollex asked out of the blue. You stayed silent before you could answer.

"I don't really know, to be honest." You said. "The only thing I know is that this is either a gift or a curse." "Why would you say its a curse?" Trollex asked while tilting his head. "That's the thing, when I was around seven my dad told me to not change into different trolls much. I asked him why and he said that I might be curse. I was shocked to hear it, I mean what curse could be when you can change into different types of trolls to blend in their society. By the age of 18 I went to the library to find answers I manage to finds people to help me figure it out. That's when I met Delta Dawn and Chaz.

Last year before the whole 'Bergen event' Poppy went to rescue our friend from being eaten. We where so scared, Me and Branch went after her. Along the way there was a beast, I transformed to many times into different types of trolls in one minute or so, that I fainted. I woke up a few hours later-indicated by Branch since he was the only one with me- and realized what happened I kept them to myself. By the time we were free I went to a friend and told her everything turns out the 'curse part' was using it to much, did to much damage to me."

You looked at Trollex and saw him with his jaw dropped. "Oh. I-I never thought it would be like that." He said. "I'm sorry."

 You gave him a reassuring smile. Both of you looked into each others eyes, he leaned closer to you as you did the same. Soon before you knew it, both of you we're locking lips.  It was chaste and short, but it was enough to send both of your hearts into a frenzy.

You pulled away, seeing his dumbstruck face. he was frozen, suddenly you realize what you've done. You looked at the sky avoiding eye contact on Trollex, but instead you found a distraction.

 "Uhh, guys?" Poppy called out and pointed at the U.F.O.

"What in buttered biscuits!" Hickory yelled and grabbed his banjo and raised it over his head. The U.F.O let's out a giant bubble and you were stuck inside the bubble.

You transformed into a Pop troll and ran towards Poppy with Trollex and Beat Drop Button (Dang, I always forget about this guy.)

"I got it" Hickory proclaimed and tried to hit a small bubble-about your size- but instead, he hit Branch right in the face. The bubble was still there, Branch tried punching the bubble but hit Hickory instead.

Poppy being a Poppy, tried to touch the bubble but instead got trapped in one. There was only one bubble left and it was coming after you. You grabbed Trollex's hand and ran towards the bubble.

"Wait, what are doing-" Trollex said but it was too late. You jumped towards the bubble. And landed in it. You were being transported inside the U.F.O.

While the others where panicking, you were wearing a smile. The very same thing happened when you first saw the U.F.O previously. So now you were happy to see another familiar face waiting on the other side of the U.F.O.

_______________

Two chapters in one day! Well at least it makes up for the long wait I always give you guys.

Edit: So for the peeps who've read the first version of this story, I forgot a scene that was included here. I am so sorry I just reviewed my paper(I write in scratch before I encode them and publish them) and realized the missing scene. Again sorry but I hope you enjoy this.

-Aurora 💖