Chapter 9

I feel like I got beaten up, my body ached a lot especially the lower right abdomen part

I feel like I got beaten up, my body ached a lot especially the lower right abdomen part. I roamed my eyes around the room, seeing white walls and ceiling.

There is also a basket of fruits by my side, I already know where I am just by the smell and I hate it.

I feel groggy, I tried to stand up but then my abdomen hurts. I reached the remote for the bed to adjust but because of my shaky hand, I dropped it and shattered.

Just then the door opened revealing Yuri and my brother.

"You're awake!". Yuri ran towards me and gently gave me a hug.

"I want to go home". I said weakly.

"You need surgery-"

"Surgery for what?! I'm fine, just take me home!". I put my arms on my forehead while looking up.

"You have appendicitis, you need to get operated on as soon as possible". Jeonghoon said and reached for my arms on my forehead, I swiftly put my arms back to the bed to avoid his hand.

"Yuri, can you give us a minute? And call the doctor, tell her that she's awake". Yuri nodded eagerly and went out.

"You are having a surgery today, do you understand me?". I looked to the opposite side, not meeting his eyes.

"It's either you like it or not!". I feel my eyes getting heavy, but I didn't let the water drop.

"Looked, I'm trying to do all of this for you! Don't you understand that? All the things that I've been doing are for you!". Jeonghoon yelled. I still keep quiet.

"If you don't listen to me then you might listen to Dad". I quickly looked at him.

"Don't be ridiculous, do you really think he cares?". I looked at him with an unbelievable look attached on my face.

"Where did you get that attitude?! I'm your older brother! Can't you give me some respect?-"

"You mean respect? As in respect? Did you ever respect my decision? Do you really give me a right to choose what I want? You never let me make a decision about everything related to my own life". I scoffed and shook my head.

The room filled out of silence. I close my eyes, stopping the water to stream down to my cheeks. Then the door opened, still closing my eyes.

"Lliana-"

I immediately opened my eyes when I heard his voice, he's standing behind the door.

"I will get the doctor". Jeonghoon said and got up to get out.

"What are you doing here?". I asked, feeling thirsty.

"I just want to check you". He walked towards my bed. I feel my tears begging to let them out.

I reached my hand, he didn't know what to do but eventually held my hand. I close my eyes and sob quietly.

"Sshhh...". He caressed my hand, he sat down on my bed.

"You will be fine, everything will be fine". I don't know what happened to me but hearing his comforting words really makes me feel good.

"Oh my God, what is this? I'm too dramatic". I chuckled and wiped the water on my cheeks.

"That's fine, I'm right here ready to listen". He smiled at me.

"Wait- last time checked we are not close, not even friends-". I jokingly said but I saw his face drop the smile on his face.

Ow, did I say something bad?

"I- Uhm... I'm sor-"

The door opens revealing the doctor, I already know the doctor. She's been our family doctor ever since I was young. She's with Jeonghoon at her back.

"Great, you're already awake! But unfortunately you need to sleep again before the operation". Heeseung got up and put down my hand.

"You have appendicitis that causes pain in your lower right abdomen. We will perform laparoscopic appendectomy which is a minor surgery. There is no need to be worried, this is not a risky procedure". She smiles while looking back and forth from me and Jeonghoon.

"The O.R is being prepared and you will undergo surgery immediately". She said goodbye to check the operating room. Heeseung walked out of the room too without saying anything.

I'm all left alone with Jeonghoon again. I really hate him being close or even having him in the same room as me.

"Dad is on his way. I know it's hard for you but please listen to me just once". Here he goes again.

"I already told to your Professors that you will not attend the class next week-"

"I'm fine! I'm totally fine! I can go to the campus. There's no need to be worried, if that is your concern". I said without showing any emotion.

"Whatever you say you will not attend the class the whole week". I just ignored him, not wanting to continue the conversation.

Luckily the nurses arrived and fixed the dextrose and my bed. They pushed the bed out of the room. The moving bed passed by the waiting chair where Yuri, Youngbin, Jake, Jay, Sunghoon and Heeseung were seated. They quickly get up to see me. I give them a quick smile, Heeseung eyes meet mine.

"I'm fine idiots, this is just a piece of cake!". I heard them laugh.

The next thing I know is the nurses putting drugs on me to fall asleep.