Chapter 11

I woke up from the light of the sun that's hitting my face

I woke up from the light of the sun that's hitting my face. I slowly opened my eyes and switched to another position, jumping in shock seeing Heeseung to the other side of the bed.

"Ouch!-". I put my hand to the operated area and looked at him.

"What are you doing here? Where's my brother? Yuri? And for god sake, it's too early to visit". I closed my one eye while putting my other hand to my forehead.

"First, your brother is talking to your doctor, they are waiting for you to wake up but you seem to be in the middle of the dreamland. Second, Yuri is picking up the others since they wanted to visit you and third, if you don't mind it's already 12 in the afternoon". My eyes slowly widened knowing the time.

"You've been sleeping half of the day-"

"I never get a proper sleep these past few days because of that nonsense debate". I said and looked at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry about what I said last time. I didn't mean to hurt you if I said something you know". I said when I remembered what I said last time.

"You know what, you're right. Nothing special about us or even friends. That's fine you are just telling the fact and the truth". I looked at him amused with what he just said.

"Then why do you sound so bitter?". I chuckled and shook my head.

"I am not. Besides I'm just being kind here, who knows what is God's plan or what's going to happen next time, maybe you die?". Heeseung said unsure, I laughed hearing what he said.

"That's so mean!". I get another spare pillow and throw it to his face.

"No! You are mean!". Unfortunately he catched the pillow and peeked then stuck out his tongue.

"But why are you here though? I mean in a kind and most appropriate tone of mine". I said sarcastically.

"I'm worried, really. You fell off on my arms, you don't know how nervous I am while holding you. I'm about to lose my mind if you're brother didn't get you from my arms". The memories or maybe not good memories but that moment flashback in my mind.

"Why didn't you tell Mr. Jung that you are not feeling well?". He furrowed his eyebrows looking at me.

"First of all, I don't want to ruin our efforts in everything and also I really really wanted to finish that debate". I said and exhaled.

"Second, I wanted to move to other activities, I don't want to be stuck on that one". I continued.

"But you could tell to your brother-"

"That's really really impossible. I put myself into this so I better get out of this by myself". I clicked my tongue and pursed my lips.

"You really impressed me with your last words before you know". He pointed at me laying down on my bed that made me want to kick him.

"I am wrong? All I've said is just a pure fact, right?". I said, earning a slow nod from him.

"All you've said is true, I just remembered the case in Thailand where a wealthy student girl crashed into a school bus causing the death of nine people but instead of punishing her in jail they just gave her 138 hours of community service. Imagine that". I shook my head hearing that story.

"Money can buy anything, even your soul. People become more and more greedy, their compassion and empathy go down because of wealth. They become and feel more entitled". I scoffed after I said that.

I'm too focused on what I was saying when I just notice Heeseung staring at me. I looked at him with my furrowed eyebrows. He then slowly moved towards me. I panicked that I couldn't move from my bed.

"Hey...". I called but he was just too busy staring at me.

"I like you". My eyes widened while looking at him.

"What are you saying? Stop that!". I chuckled and slightly pushed him.

"I mean it, I like you". His face is just an inch away from mine.

"Noona!". Just then the door opened, I quickly shifted my head to the other side, moving my face away from him.

"Quiet kids! I just sneaked you out here, if Jeonghoon saw us we are all dead!". Yuri said while pushing the kids to go inside.

"Jeonghoon doesn't know? That's fine, I will talk to him". I said and gestured to Ni-ki, Sunoo and Jungwon to come.

"I will buy lunch outside and the others just texted me they are waiting outside". Heeseung said, our eyes met but he quickly avoided and left the room.

"Noona, are you okay?". Sunoo asked, getting my attention from what Heeseung just said and did.

"I'm fine but I don't know when I will be able to go home". I tried my best to give him a bright smile.

"Jeonghoon said you can go home tomorrow morning after being monitored for 24 hours after surgery". Yuri said and threw herself to the couch.

"Where's Jeonghoon by the way?". I asked.

"He is preparing your food and any minute he probably will catch us here". Yuri groaned.

We talked for a couple of minutes. The kids keep on asking me if I'm okay, they really looked worried. We got interrupted when the door opened.

"Oh, Heeseung, you get back already-"

Yuri gets shocked seeing my brother entering the door. The kids go to my side while looking down. I laughed at them seeing the dean not inside the university.

"Yuri...". Jeonghoon called Yuri who's now looking at me calling for my help.

"I invited them here, I will be rotten here inside this room without someone to talk to". I said to Jeonghoon.

"But they are not allowed to go to the hospital". Jeonghoon looked at the three.

"Don't scare them! Don't act like a dean outside the school, jeez!". I exclaimed.

"Fine! Fine! But they need to leave after you eat before your doctor comes. Take your meal then your meds. No solid food until tomorrow". Jeonghoon placed the meal on the portable table.

There's fruit smoothie, egg salad that goes well with mashed potatoes and plain bread, just a total of bland food.

"What's up, L-". The door opened revealing Jay, Sunghoon, Youngbin, Heeseung and Jake who's now looking down after he almost shouted.

"Yuri...". My brother once called her again.

"I'm really sorry, Jeonghoon". Yuri apologizes while I'm holding my laughter.

 Yuri apologizes while I'm holding my laughter